SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree that wordpress is the best. At least for what I need. Its not just a blog its also a content manager, so you can use the pages as your website and the posts as the blog.

the only thing i dont like about wordpress is that is does not manage the users very well. When they sign up they dont see your template, they see the backend of wordpress. When they login they also see the dashboard with the backend styling. Plus, wordpress does not provide much info on users. I used to run a load of vBulletin and phpbb 2 and 3 forums and it provided great details on each user.

having said that, wordpress is designed mainly so that the user is either registering to post on the blog or registering to comment. I guess I am stretching it out to best suit me. But you cant please everyone.

All in all, I have found it the easiest to use. The install is a single click, you can add and create themes with ease, plugins are really easy to install. i would suggest the one click install plugin. This lets you upload plugins and themes from your wordpress admin section.
    the only editing of code that you need to do is when you enter your database details into the config file. Again, this is so easy my girlfriend could do it. I just dont trust her. lol

wordpress.com provide hosting, but I prefer to have my own host so that I can add files, pages or other sites whenever I need. I got a bargain cpanel account for only 4.99 per year from ThisIsMyEmpire.com ! 100mb storage and 500 monthly bandwidth. I've had it for about 6 months now and have never even got close to the limits even though my blog is huge and has over 30'000 unique users a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self-hosted, or through wordpress.com - WordPress wins hand-down for me through ease of use and upgrade. It has a great community around it, I'm able to find answers within 5 minutes using the forum and Google.

For beginners it's particularly good, becuase the template system is really easy to understand and there are loads of really good free themes and plugins.
    Jonnya Freelance Creative
    UK Freelance designer and web developer
    Website | Portfolio | Photoshop Tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is the best blog software ever customizable like hell no need to say more.

And btw i know personally "feios" i live close to his house

Contact me to msn : hitec7@hotmail.com or skype: hitec7 for wp projects.

Regards.
    webget.in <-- Latest Creation...
    nullfix.com <-- Personal Blog & Scripts for Sale.
    Freelancer PHP Programmer and Wordpress Expert.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, you contacted tim and he forwarded the email through to me.
    So you know this criminal? I wouldnt let too many people know that. I dont think that there is anyone who regards him very highly at all.