SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE6- I thought they got rid of that dotted line on links: now it appeared again!

I just got XP and it has IE6. I haven't seen those dotted lines aroudn links in a while, so I assumed IE6 took them out. Well, all of a sudden I realize they're there again. It's been abou a week. What happened?

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i don't know how they "just appeared" after a week, but i can tell you how to control it. (i personally like the dotted line thing.) Display control panel > Effects tab. it's the "Hide keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key" (that's what it says in 2000) setting. if that's checked you won't get the dotted line around links and you'll also notice that the "F" in the File menu, "E" in the Edit menu, etc. won't be underlined either, and "OK" buttons and the like won't get the dotted line in them either. that's how it is in 2000, but i imagine XP's the same.
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay you're right. it's not all of a sudden happening. it's SOMETIMES happening. i just realize that. very confusing!