SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keyword Question

Hello All!

I am in the process of building a site and just have a quick keyword question. When doing keyword research on Wordtracker, I found a series of keywords that are essentially the same thing: "bath tub" vs "bathing tub" - (just an example) and I would like to create seperate pages utilizing these keywords.

the idea would be to draw in traffic from people searching for the same thing, but using different keywords.

Anyway, is that an issue on the Google-front? My working idea is to have a content page on "bathing" and within that content have a link that goes to the "bath tub" page (of course with content about bath tubs). Then have a seperate page optimized for "bathing tubs" that isn't referenced in the original article, but is exactly the same as the "bath tub" page, only keyworded differently. I'd find it on the SE only. There would then be a link on that page taking you back to the original article - hence linking it to the content from the back end.

Does that make sense? Is it an acceptible way to reference similar keywords for adsense and pull traffic?

thanks so much, I've really enjoyed lurking on these boards. They're very informative.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't make content just for the search engines. Make content for human beings. It's easy enough to optimize for such small phrases that resorting to "techniques" like that are unnecessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understandable. So when I am deciding which is the best keyword to work on, how do I decide which is best? "bath tub" vs "bathing tub" = what stats am I looking for to get an idea of the keyword that would get me good placement on the SE, as they are essentially the same thing.

thanks again!

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use the Overture Keyword Tool and Google Trends to see which is more popular.