User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emergency Boot Up Disk

Hi all -

I am beginning to reformat my pc and figured that the best thing to do first would be to make an emergency boot up disk. So running W98 I went into Add/Remove programs and clicked on the button to make the disk. Upon doing this, an error message pops up and says to put the W98 disk into the drive (the problem was that the disk was already there). When I click on ok it comes up with another error that says that it can't find the command.com file. Which I did a search for and is in the correct directory that the pc is looking for. What is the deal!?!??! Can I use a EBUD from someone elses pc who also runs 98??? Help!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can....just put their disk in and make it off their disk or you can configure it cmos to boot off your win98 disk. Not recommended though....that should be last resort
    jmulder[THE MENTOR]'s nice guy online!
    Rig: AMD Athlon 800mhz; 384mb SDRam; 32mb nVidia @ 1024x768; ie 6; Windows ME; 15 gig; Cd-RW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get a real bootup disk one that actually allows you to run your CD rom drive... just do search on google for one.

I wouldn't suggest using someone elses disk unless you r really stuck, and it has to be from win98, not 95 or any other version since they are diffent