SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paid Forum Posts For Tough Topic

I just started a forum for users to discuss network topics. This is a fairly restrictive and tough topic. Would I benefit from paid posters or am I better off looking for people who might be interested in joining the site?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Atomm; Jun 16, 2006 at 12:38.
    Atomm | Gamers Radio | Joomla WOW
    Advertisepedia - My IM Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is pretty easy, I have a topic about Medicare that I have some working on.
    PublisherMedia.com - Sell your ad-space direct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TelecommunicationsTalk and Networks are really two different things. If I was looking for networking info and saw a site called TelecommunicationsTalk I would move on. As for the topic if you hire posters they better be technical.
    Last edited by iwinweekly.com; Jun 17, 2006 at 11:31.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? That is quite interesting.

If you were looking for information on Promoting your website and saw a site named SitePoint, would you move on?

Telecommunications covers a wide array of topics in which Networking happens to be one of them. In fact, I pulled the term Telecommunications from Cisco's website when I was researching names for the site. Had NetworkTalk.com been available, I would have used it.

When searching for jobs online, the category Telecommunications tends to have the Network Engineer positions, so I went with it. Besides, the site does cover topics in Telecommunications Standards and Regulations.

Anyway, back on topic. I have two opinions split down the middle. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomm
    Really? That is quite interesting.

If you were looking for information on Promoting your website and saw a site named SitePoint, would you move on?
    Yea... that's not even similar. If I was promoting a website and I saw a site called telecommunicationstalk, then yes I would move on.

Anyway your right in that Telecommunications covers a wide variety of things, and it would cover networking... As in IT person I have always separated the two. But if you were in the industry I guess they would go together. Anyway....
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also the other side of this issue.

When you hear the phrase Network Admin, what do you think of? Most of the time people expect it to be a Windows Admin that knows some networking. As a Network Engineer, I think it is a very misleading title. I don't do windows.

Oh well, just like apples and oranges. They are both different but the same and only one is really good for beaning someone in the head.