SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done both - hand code and FrontPage...and for some reason, I seem to always go back to hand-coding.

Code is so screwy in FrontPage, but sometimes it's easier to get my design layout then take that code, clean it up and add the rest of my content, php, ssi, ect...

If I'm having trouble with table layout, I'll design the table in FrontPage then copy the layout code into my own page.

It's just easier to hand-code a page...and easier to make sense of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started off using FrontPage, and I'm slowley moving to doing the whole thing by hand. I recently spent over 5 hours removing the rubbish code that FrontPage had a put in a site we built for a client a while back. The last 2 sites I've built, I've done more and more code by hand.

When you start throwing asp in, you haven't a prayer if you use FrontPage, it'll well and truely muller your nice clean code.

<C²: web standards /> cybercodeur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, evey line of code you write by hand gets you closer to understanding what Web building is all about.

Incidently, every line of code generated by a wysiwyg editor prevents you from learning it in depth, aside from generating cluttered code.

There's realy no reason to go that way if you're half serious about your coding skills.
    Denis Boudreau <C²/> - Web Standards & Accessibility
    [+] ICQ number: 115649885 || Email: denis@cybercodeur.net
    [+] Daily Weblog on Web standards and accessibility : CYBERcodeur.net