SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use web-page software to write my pages, I just use plain HTML code in Notepad. I have discovered that, whilst Explorer 4 has no problems "seeing" my pages on the Web, Netscape appears to be totally blind, so I am told by several people who have taken the trouble to email me after failing to view my pages.
    I have recently signed up with a FFA links advertising group, who have said that they cannot activate my account until my pages appear in their Netscape browser.
    I don't have Netscape myself, and I haven't a clue whether it is possible to "tweak" pages in any way to show up in a different kind of browser.
    Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That basically tells you that you've got a problem in your code. Netscape is great for spotting bad code - whereas IE just lets bugs slip right through.

I use Netscape all the time when I design web pages. You can be assured that if it works in Netscape, it works in IE.

If you don't want to install Netscape, just try checking all your tags are properly formed - make sure you close your tables, etc.

Hope that helps

------------------
    Daniel Irvine
    webmaster@f-free.co.uk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use some sort of validation program to check your code. I can't remember off the head, but Allaire Homesite HTML editor provides a good code checking.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Netscape will not show anything inside a table if just one tag is wrong... So, if your page is in a table, that would probably be your problem.

Also, make sure you have the correct header info and such.

Christian

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check your html code at netmechanic. It checks your coding for free up to 20 pages. May help as it checks for browser compatabilily.
    http://www.netmechanic.com/cobrands/zdnet/htmlcheck/

------------------
    A to Z Kids Stuff
    http://www.atozkidsstuff.com