SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthrax scare in UK

I'm currently looking out of my office window at a small gathering of police cars and ambulances. The building opposite me recieved a package this morning containing white powder and a warning. 5 people have been taken to hospital as a precauionary measure and the building has been shut down. I suspect it is a hoax, we are hardly in the bubbling commercial centre of the UK and the building involved houses a major insurance company.

I'm sure it'll hit the news in the near future, just thought I'd give Sitepointers the scoop.

Someones set themselves up for 7 years inside.....
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had over 100 hoaxes here in Sweden an Finland as well. Some people obviously think that sending baking powder to their co-workers is a funny practical joke. Sick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the U.S. we've had a number of hoxes and just over jupmy people. I think a cupple of divorse atternies have gotten them; a few ex-lovers have gotten them, etc. One incident near where I lived turned out to be dirt--she droped the letter before she brougnt it inside...

It's sad, really. Scools now have to open letters in a designated room. The person who opens the letters must where gloves, and wash her hands after opening mail. Postal emploiees where gloves and masks. People refuse to open mail in thier homes.

There's a lot of histeria out there.

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it, if I die I'll go see Jesus. If not (which is likely), then I'll keep living my happy life. There's no point in getting worked up about it. There's no point in getting panicked. I will not let fear rule my life.

Oh, and incidentally, at my REAL job, I recieve packages that are oddly shaped every day. It's part of my job....and I work in an branch of the Department of Health and Human Services.....

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried about it, there's not much I can do either way.

Although I'm not sure about the Jesus thing, I do know that if it happened to me it would create more evidence to find the punks who did this.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week, the campus library and the entire stretch of road leading to our postal office was closed because of a scare. And my friend said, "Hey! We are important enough to receive it!"

I didn't think it was too funny.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i am getting kinda sick of hearing about anthrax, i don't think it's very nice of those people to be sending around fake stuff.. like baking soda in envelopes to their friends etc... not very thoughtful. i wonder what would happen to em if their good friend died of a heart attack after receiving the fake stuff..
    all about knives? what would i know about em? oh well.. whatever!
    I'm a certified Ninjai fanatic