Thread: Web Design Fees

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Will be meeting with someone in a week to discuss possibly creating their web site. I need a good resource for current rates to charge as well as any articles on hourly versus a flate rate.

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on a few things:
    Time:
    Graphics:
    Special Stuff:
    Your quality: (how good are you, experiance)
    Content:

If you were going to make some one a web page from scratch, from the ground up including graphics, scripts, etc!!

It will depend how good the site is too!! if I were to out in Flash in a site that would make the cost go up because of the diffulcty and time it would take!!

So you both need to consider the possibilities of what will go into the site!

I will assume that you have made web pages before, and you know that A LOT of time goes into one!! that is if it is good, everything works (links are all working)!! and that there is a lot of content in the site!!

I'm currently talking to one of my "Adult" friends, and he want me to make him a webpage for his wifes and his Flower buisness!!! they are based in Portland Oregon. I'm still deciding what I should charge for them!! because I don't know what I will include I just might charge on time instead of content!!! or the other way around!!! like i said I'm not sure...
    you may choose what methode you want, and how to charge them!!!!!

Did I forget something guys????? I might have.. this is just what I had on the top of my head.. he he anyways if you have any questions please ask!!!

oops one more thing...

to answer your question a little more directly

Pro's charge from $500- a few thousand.....
    ------------------
    ~Alex~

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited January 11, 2000).]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Actually, there really isn't a set rate to work with. A mojority of the web dev companies I researched have no packages or set rates. Instead, they work around the budget set by the customer. Within means of course. Don't make a large site for nothing. Charging too little can tarnish your proffesional status.

A large advantage of using a client-set price, is that the client feels that he is in control, which is vital to secure the contract.

And always have contracts. Period. When you establish maintenance issues, though, decide on a set price. A Good maintenance plan ought to be 5 - 7.5% of the site's total cost, per month.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input! I'm glad my thinking was on the right track.

This forum is a great resource!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to use a $500- minimum and an hourly rate of $50-. If digital photos and the text-content are provided to you, and, you are using a program like MS FrontPage2000 you can get a lot of pages up in a relatively short period. On the other hand, if you have to learn about their business, write the content, have them review/correct it, and take the photos, a lot of time can waste away before something appears on the internet.

Best advice is to know your capabilities and your customer. Also, consider if the site will get a lot of visits from potential customers for your services. If so, price it carefully and make sure you can prominently link to you own website.

------------------
    anetek@email.com
    www.anetek.com