User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average # of images, fields and other objects on a web page

Hi,

How can a person find out what the average number of objects there are on a web page? I'm talking on a very general level.

Like, I want to know what the average number of fields of a form is. Or, generally, what is the average number of images on a web page? Is there a way to find out? Is there some website out there that analyzes and presents this sort of statistical data? Or do I make a judgement call based on my own experience of the web?

I'm searching for this info in consideration of basing quotes, or building a pricing structure, for work I may do for potential customers.

Thanks,
    Rob

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would serious doubt that there would be such a statistical analysis somewhere on the web. Though don't rule out the possiblity still. But my stand point is, this doesn't really seem like important information, even for pricing for your clients. What I mean is does it really matter if there are many objects, would you charge for $50 per object? It seems so much more logical to only analyze this type of data when considering the load time of the page and the hard disk that are needed.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link, Dan, but I'm afraid that's not at all what I'm looking for.

By kefeso:
    I would serious doubt that there would be such a statistical analysis somewhere on the web. Though don't rule out the possiblity still. But my stand point is, this doesn't really seem like important information, even for pricing for your clients. What I mean is does it really matter if there are many objects, would you charge for $50 per object? It seems so much more logical to only analyze this type of data when considering the load time of the page and the hard disk that are needed.
    My idea is to set a base per page price. I will build each page at this base price with the number of objects up to the average amount. If the number of objects goes above that average, then I charge extra for each extra object. For example, if I'm building a form page, the base price would be for a form page up to, say 12 fields, if 12 was the average number of fields on a form, generally speaking. If the client wishes to have more than 12 fields on the form, then I charge so much for each extra field.

I was hoping to find someplace where I might could find the info I'm looking for to use as a base. Oh well, if this sort of info isn't readily available, then maybe I'll just establish my own base numbers, or consider other ways to do this.

Thanks,
    Rob