SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help, I Need a Genius! Are you up to it?

What I want to do is way too complicated to be done by the average mortal. Me being an average mortal, I can’t do, so you see my dilemma. That is why I’m asking you kind soles to talk pity on me, open up you favorite editor, and code away.

Here’s what I need; a script that:

∙ Dynamically reformats one page into an indefinite number of smaller pages, determinant by screen size/resolution.

∙ Places a link at the bottom of the ‘page’ to go to the next ‘page’.

∙ Does not divide up any elements (other than the <body>

∙ Is future compatible/uses the DOM (I’m not too concerned about backwards compatibility.)

∙ Reproduces the header and footer on every ‘page’.

∙ Is completely accessible so it’s one external file and so that those without JavaScript will see the normal page, complete with the header and footer.

∙ Must work with numerous stylesheets, and must print intact.

Now, you may ask “Well, Ian, why don’t you just split it up over many pages when you first write the page?” Well, I:
    1) Want those who do not have JavaScript to have the whole page at their disposal.
    2) Want it to print out intact.
    3) To reduce server load from needless relays.

Anyone and everyone who can pull this off will get complete credit for the script on the site, a descriptive page about you and the script, link(s) to your own site, another e-mail alias, and a testimonial from me. Sorry, that’s pretty much all I have to offer, right now. Ohhhh, you’ll also get my everlasting admiration and worship, and that’s not too shabby, after all.

~~Thanks to All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't do this but let me ask you if there is a particular reason you're trying to do this with Javascript?

PHP could do something like this extremely easily.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PHP's server-side, I want this to work on the client-side because I want to reduce server load and most importantly, I don't want to have the separated pages like CNet has. I want this to be printable as a whole not as a part. I guess I could always use another link to a printable version like SitePoint and WebMonkey do, but I didn't really want to do it that way.

Do you really think I should do it in PHP? I'm not that keen and up with it.