Hello all,

I am yet another victim of Getty's scare tactics. I received my first letter (claiming just under 3000) about a month ago, and I received another 2 letters recently. I have ignored all of their letters so far, and I am very glad to see that I am not the only one who is in this situation. The posts here have helped a lot, so thank you and keep it up!

I understand that companies need to protect their content - but Getty actions just seem (in my opinion) to be the actions of a company out to make some quick money, using scare tactics on small businesses and personal sites. It's very dirty - and yes, we know you are watching this thread Getty. Shame on you - you know very well that if you sent out cease and desist emails that 95% of us would have removed the images immediately. Hell, if you had tried to bill people the *correct* amount for the images, we would probably have paid...but you seem to be greedy.

So, has anyone in the UK made any further progress? Are you still receiving visits from the debt collectors?

Is there any news regarding whether or not Getty is being investigated for their actions?

Has anyone been contacted by the UK courts (small claims or otherwise) regarding this?

Thanks, and stick together everyone!

-Dave