SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: mac impared

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope an expert can help. I have a well promoted site with an acceptable amount of traffic.(about 3 months now) I was recently told that my opening page (java script) cannot been seen on any MAC computers. Could someone check my code and tell me where I have failed? Thank you in advance for your consideration. The URL is www.deutrel.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a mac but I do know that Internet Explorer for the Mac is actually one generation behind the same version for windows. Well Half a generation. For the same functionality a windows user gets out of IE 4.0, a mac user would have to have at least IE4.5 (which I think is the latest for that platform).

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a hard core Mac user, and I checked out your site and got the page, but none of the animation that I saw was in your code. To be frank, I was quite suprised that it works on a PC too because I saw no place where you distinguish the DOM for both IE and NS for the CSS that you have. IE automatically defaults to the document.all DOM but NS does not, you must filter that out first or forget it. Try that and email me, hopefully I can help ya out more.