User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Estate Website - MLS

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience in designing real estate websites. I am in the middle of doing one, and it's really not all too complicated, except for I am not sure what is the best way to include an MLS search. Any suggestions?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your agent will need to be signed up with the MLS to search listings (their own, as well as others).

Here is one I've seen used before. www.idxbroker.com

Good luck!
    Web 2.0 Images - CURRENTLY FOR SALE!!
    Virtual Sales Bot - Unleash an army of sales bots! MRR Included!
    List Builder Secrets - Build a list of hungry buyers! FREE!
    Online Marketing Ideas - Where all my ideas end up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin - I just finished a real estate website built with php/mysql/javascript. Depending on the MLS service or services your realtor uses you will either be including a already built search page or run the search system reading the listings from a file provided from the MLS service.

The site I just finished uses the latter. We download a file daily and import it into our database. From there we wrote a search page that allows you to search all the listings. There is also an agent back end and visitor signup. You can save properties and and edit your membership info.

There are currently 24,000+ active listings (residential only) with a well over 100,000 pictures. We currently have one MLS database online with a second database to be added soon. You'll be able to search both MLS services from one search form.

I started to use a off the shelf system and was unhappy with the results. I built one myself and am very happy I did. Let me know what other questions you have. I'll do my best to answer them.

The site is http://www.jimsarosrealestate.com/

Let me know if you find any bugs! We're still tweaking. Best of luck!

Thanks,
    Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB

I started to use a off the shelf system and was unhappy with the results. I built one myself and am very happy I did. Let me know what other questions you have. I'll do my best to answer them.

The site is http://www.jimsarosrealestate.com/

Let me know if you find any bugs! We're still tweaking. Best of luck!
    Nice site, JoeB. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to build the system yourself? (the one that replaced the off the shelf system you were unahppy with). I've been thinking of doing somethng like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there are a couple of these on hotscripts.com but if I were you, I would link to the mls website and have it automatically put in (http://www.thismlssite.com/searchmls...isitors+search)
    But, then again, I'm not sure what mls is, I'm guessing a price or like library codes, but for houses, so...
    HTMLGuy