User Tag List

Thread: Virtual Stores

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtual Stores

Anyone know where i could find free virtual stores for webmasters. I want to make money, but i don't want to have just banners on my site. I was signed up to a program a long time ago, but i forgot where it was. So i'm looking for some other programs.

- I'm looking for something like www.vstore.com

Anyone know any??

Thank you

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No!

there is no point in beign part of these schemes in my eyes as you only get a very small percentage of the sale. For example of you sell $10,000 of goods you will get around $4,000. How much more money would you get if it was your own store?

Just my views

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Boost your search engine ranking, by increasing your link Popularity,
    Dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, if you have a good product better in the longer run to branch out on your own. It isn't hard.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you both are saying but, the only reason i don't start my own store is because:

1. No money to start one.
    2. Don't have the ability to accept credit cards.
    3. Have no idea how to use ssl or shopping carts to make orders.

And the biggest reason of all is:

I have no merchandise, or products to sell.

So i figure even though i won't be making as much money, atleast i will make some money, and i will get products to sell, as aspposed to making my own product, marketing it, and selling it.

Any idea where i can find products??

Thanks for your replies though.

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't hard.
    I aggre, if you put your mind to it and some time you can to anytjing you want on the net there are 1,000 tutorials for every concievable subject.

mathew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Dynamically.

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also there are more than ennough people in these forums who will help you more than hapily if you ask.

I am one of them

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4Seen,

I understand your reluctance to want to dive head-long into something that may not work out. But NTL you are talking about establishing a business. You can't do it half-way or cut corners at the start and expect it to take off. Inspite of some urban legends and a very few real cases, the overwhelming vast majority of successful businesses did not start start out as a "let's see what happens" thing. Someone took the bull by the horns and ran with it.

IOW, you can try a virtual mall and not do well. But is it because your product isn't wanted by the market place? Or was it that your mall wasn't a good venue to try to sell your product from?

I don't think you can escape the need to get your hands "dirty" with at least some level of the business, marketing, promoting and yes the technology of order taking and fulfillment. That's part of the costs and risks someone takes when they try to launch a business.

You can also hire a web design to build a site for you. I know several very affordable designers who can make a good starter site for your product. Email me and I'll be glad to refer you to one.

Good luck!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote a looooooooooong thing.. but my browser messed up... so this isn't gonna explain it as much as the other one did.. I'm having some problems, and pretty stressed out .... Sorry if it sounds rude or anything,, i swear i'm not trying to be... but i'm just trying to write this as fast as i can,, and trying not to think about my stress.

Okay i understand what you all are saying but i think you kinda mis-understood me. What i'm looking for is like an affiliate program.

Like www.cdnow.com or w/e?? Where they have the products, and u get commision on the things you sell.

The only problem is, i noticed alot of people donnot click banners, unless they see something that really really interests them. So what i'm looking for is a free service, that provides me with like a small site, and products and etc... But gives me the ability to cusomtize the template as ect.. This way i can just post a link on my site navigation that says "store" and when someone clicks it, they will see like a super store or something,, but have no idea they left my site... or that i'm not selling the products.

If you check out www.vstore.com... you could get an understanding of what i'm trying to say. Its kinda hard to explain.. but basicaly i'm looking for an alternative way to sell things besides banners. Maybe after i get enough money i can make my own store.. but as of right now i don't have the money, the products, or the resources to do so. But hopefully i can raise money and do it.

Understand me a little more now??

Thank all of you for your replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. Yes, you can make a site of just affiliate links but you still have to organize it and present it well. People won't just click on a button and buy CD's or books or whatever thru you just because of your charm and good looks.

And you still have to add some content to your site. Not everyone buys right away when they come to a site. Infact, most don't buy on the first visit. They need a reason to keep comming back. And to refer friends to you. You can't just have a site with a list of links to affiliate companies and leave it at that.

Besides, you still need to market your site. It's a lot easier to market a site named www.mysite.com than http://www.virtualmall.com/mall2/tra...3c1/u732/~joe.

I understand you not wanting to plop done money for a full site. But it seems your business plan is full of flaws.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what your saying but, i'm not using this as a business plan... i'm just using it as a way to make money on the side. I already have a website http://www.infinitestylez.com .... I wasn't planning on having a website or page full of affiliate links. Thats why i wanted a service, that has like a small website with products in it,

Like i had an account at www.vstore.com and my address was something like http://estylez.vstore.com. Now on my main website, i had a store page... and in that store page i featured items like radios and etc.. and linked them back to http://estylez.vstore.com.

***but even if people went to http://estylez.vstore.com ... I had a custom message and everything... because vstore.com gives you tools to customize the store layout, custom message, pictures, and etc..*** The only reason i don't use www.vstore.com is because if you don't make a certain amount of money, they cancel your account...

See i already have a site with content, but i want to make some money on the side. But i don't want to have to rely on banners, and and advertisements on my site to make money.

I'm going to keep looking so i can show all of you what i'm talking about I seem to have everyone confused about what i'm trying to say.

Thanks for all your help though people

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.... i found the service i was looking for.... but it seems like they are going out of business.

http://www.nexchange.com << Well this is the kinda service i'm looking for,, anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

I tried looking up services in search engines,, but i only got stores you buy from,, not stores u can own.

Thank you everyone.