SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to every thing that has to do with webpages. I was wondering if there was a Java Script or Program that I can type in the information off-line and then up load it to my website and instantly update all the information on the page?

I am wondering becuase it is a hassel to go into the HTML code and type to perfect everything. I know this is a neebie question but can some one please help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use an offline editor such has Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Firstpage, Notepad and use an FTP program to upload your pages to your website.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I belive there is a cgi or other kind of script that will let you update you site while your on your own site!! What it does is that when your on your site you click on a link such as "Admin Only" and it bring up a window that asks for your password, you type it in and then it opens up something and then you type what you want to say and it will put in in your index.html, htm page or whatever page you specify!! so you don't have to use any editors!!

I'm currently using Dreamweaver 3.0 and Frontpage 2000 and I really like them both!!! But if you want to post a really quick update to your site then that would be the way to go.. othwise just use an editor and then upload to ftp site!!!

I'm not sure of the script yet.. but my buddy knows of it and it currently working on it for my new site that will be up soon!!!

Any questions Ask.......

------------------
    ~Alex~