SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - whenever I have tried to install 3.0 browsers so that I can look at my sites in them, it seems they overwrite the other version of the browser and I still end up with the one..? Yes, I try putting them on different drives and all that....Anybody else ever run into this? I know its possible to do!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tryed it too... same...it's trying to overwrite new ones, or even says (IE) that it can't run, coz i have new version...
    Don't know... Try to get Neoplanet, Opera, or something like this. I belive they work the same with old EI and NN, or close to it.
    Or look @ your web with AOL 3.0, 2.0. That is same with 2-3 EI and NN. (I mean it's easily install that old EI or NN)
    Good luck.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could try Browserola - its a browser emulator that shows pages in (I believe) NS 2.0, 3.0 and 4.+ in addition to IE 3.0 and 4.+. Its a really good way to see what your pages look like in all the major browsers.
    www.codo.com/browserola

Sparkie

------------------
    Leave Your Mark!
    www.pawsitronic.com

Your one-stop web design solution!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Great tool! Thanks!

Another alternative is to use sites such as web garage, which tests the site on different browsers, and allows you to view them. At a fee, though