SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ALL,
    Happy 2000, may you all succeed! I am looking for a couple real good ideas to place on my front or (home) page of my website. The subject is cigarette/cigar lighters. I need good ideas that can be built on. I had a couple of brain storms while writing this,lol. Only serious replies, I have seen some of the childish caddy nit picking in here. Thank You very much!!
    Bertie

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciao!

I'd place a daily/weekly/monthly poll (something like: which is your hottest lighter?). People will come back to view the results and (maybe) to vote again.

Have you got a opt-in newsletter? Sure you have!

Set up a prize giving: something like "Join here by inserting your address and win a lighter"

Try to look at you best competitors and see what are they doing!

------------------
    PeB WEB

FREE Articles and tips about web design, internet marketing and search engine optimization

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm, actually, I reckon simply applying some good design rules is a start.

If you want a vibrant site, be prepared to change your front page's content often enough. It all depends a lot on what type of site it is. Is it dynamic in nature, or will it simply be a catalog site, ie. you make it once and basically leave it. This all will impact on your site.

Why not give some more detail? What are your goals with this site?