SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why <FRAMES> would be there, because I did not write them in. If its not from Geocities then it may be from one of the banners on my page. How can I get rid of it if I don't even see it when editing my pages? I think this may be the reason I am not getting listed in many search engines. Thanks again, Stephanie http://www.lingeriemonthly.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is hosting your domain name????? Last I knew Geocities didn't give virtual hosting though I may be wrong. To get rid of your frames you need to go to the site that is "parking" your domain name and redirecting it to your Geocities site. Then you will delete the index.htm file there and replace it with one that refreshes to your geocities site using meta refresh. Of course once it refreshes they will no longer be at lingeriemonthly.com but you get what you pay for. Your other option is to move your site to another host that doesn't inhibit business. If you need a free host then go to Hypermart.. I will tell you though that as a consumer I will never buy anything over the internet if the business is setup on a free host. There is no confidence. You can set up a site one day and be gone the next taking everyone's money with you. Your only other option is to go to a web hosting company. Since webhosting starts as low as 3 dollars US these days you should be able to find something in your budget.

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, what I have done is origianlly set up my site in Geocities, then I registered my domain name with mydomain.com and had it redirected. Is that my problem? And if so, how do I get out of it? Who is a good webhosting company? Thank you.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pair.com seeems to be a nice host. Others like jumpline.com.. Read the webhosting forum. There are a lot available. You can move to hypermart.com which is still free and a little more respectable than Geocities.

------------------
    Wayne Luke

The Majormud Encyclopedia - www.bloodquest2.com
    Come Play one of the hottest games on the net.

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited January 01, 2000).]