User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advanced User Authorization

Hi,

I am developing an advanced administration control panel for my online company. This control panel currently uses some basic authorization (Check MySQL database for valid username and password). But I have noticed some companys have used Certificates loaded on the PC that allow you access to the login page, and if you don't have a valid certificate loaded on your PC it wont even display the login screen.

I was wondering if this is possible with PHP and if so how would I go about adding this to my system?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like SSL (did you see https:// in the url of those other companies?) (Secure Sockets Layer) to me.

You need to get an SSL certificate on your domain to do this, it means that data being sent between the clients browser and the server is encrypted, otherwise any packet sniffer can see user/passwords passing by on the wire. google ssl cert php .

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use SSL already. Ill try and explain myself a bit more:

Basically I issue a .cer (Certificate File - This is the right extension I think) to people who I want to be able to access the control panel and they install it into there browser. If someone with the certificate file access the login page but if the fail to have the certificate installed on the PC then it wont let you even see the login page let alone login to the control panel.