User Tag List

Thread: A few thoughs

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few thoughs

I am now starting out in web designing and I am currently using a WYSIWYG webdesign software to design websites. I realized that even I uploaded my websites to the server and submit them to search engines, the search engine ranking is not very high. I was looking at the html of other websites which high rankings, and I notice that they have metatags at the top of the headers.

I was thinking about using Dreamweaver...sometime back when I was played around with it, it seemed overwhelming difficult to learn, by just looking at the DW's Help Manual. I have been reading the posts on this forum and I noticed that the DW users normally create the layout in Photoshop, create slices and import into DW and then code the sites...how exactly this process of slicing and coding work?

Thanks,

wire_jp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could take months to rank in Search Engines, The first thing you should do is Submit your website to all the top Engines like google, msn etc... And Put Keywords / descriptions in your page. Also make sure your top keywords that you want to rank in are scattered suitably on your pages.

Then try and build some links with similar sites.

Use a program like Web CEO to get started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually yahoo and msn take atleast 30 or 40 days to put on top and google takes approx 90 to 120 days.First you should submit your site in all major search engines than they need a proper work

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as the SEO part of your post, read the Search Engine Optimiztion FAQ That will help to get you to the top.