SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What book can you recommend?

HI ,

I have been trying to start web design/development. I have completed a basic website.But I feel that I need alot more creativity and also some ideas has to how I layout a good webpage from actual creation of buttons , layout, to what colours go together and good design and how I create certain effects on a page etc.. the programs I have are fireworks and adobe photoshop.

I just look at websites and think wow how did they do that .. the fading in certain places and how did they come up with the idea to layout the page in that way.
    Anyway I have looked on amazon .com and there are so many books from typography, which I think may be a good starting point, to web design . Can anyone recommend a good book for me to purchase. The one I was looking at was Web Design in a Nutshell : A Desktop Quick Reference (In a Nutshell) and The Complete Manual of Typography. Any suggestions or comments ?
    Melissa

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's hardly a visual inspiration book, is it?

You could try The Zen of CSS Design; as well as discussing some CSS techniques, it also focuses on layout, colour and typography choices for building effective designs.