SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Figseedduh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver - wrap option for text area in a form

I am having issues with the "wrap" option in a text area element for a form. If I want to create separate paragraphs when I write multiple paragraphs, I want the information to be saved and viewed as separate paragraphs after it has been entered into the php database. I set the "wrap" option to "physical" but the information is only saved as one paragraph.

I'm using Dreamweaver 8 and also the data in forms is being saved to a php database. I'm not sure if this is a Dreamweaver problem or a php problem. The message field in the database is set to text...if that makes a difference.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, I have setup my form correctly because the data is recorded in the php database as separate paragraphs. I am just not sure why the page that displays the information will only show the data as one paragraph. It must have something to do with Dreamweaver's binding property, but I can't seem to find help within Dreamweaver or their website.

If anyone wants to take a look at the page in question, it's my news page . The entry for 5/31/06 should be 2 paragraphs while the entry for 5/23/06 should be 3 paragraphs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I searched the internet and found a PHP extension for Dreamweaver that was the solution to my problem. My paragraphs are individual paragraphs now!

If anyone is interested in the PHP extensions, I found them at Tecnorama. Best of all, they were FREE!