SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page not displaying

I designed this site some time ago ( http://ncfapa.org/ ).

Short story version ...
    I'm getting a 'page not displaying' on my home computer (see attached gif). Other people can see the site on their home or office computers but I can't. As the site designer I would like to see it live without having to go to the public library.

I've cleared out cache, history, cookies. I've disconnected our router and reset the DSL modem. I've tried Netscape, IE, and FF. I've taken down the firewall. I've reset browser Privacy/Security options. I get the same result. 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' CAnnot Find Server. What gives?

Long Story Version ... (if helpful)
    About a week ago the client/owner emails me and says, 'I can't see my site, what'd you do with it?'

Of course, I'd done nothing with it since the last time they told me to do something with it (basically, they thought I was hosting it and I just brought it down for whatever reason). I don't host; I just design and update. At that point, I couldn't FTP in or see the page in a browser.

Anyway, as it turns out their real host company had gone through some restructuring and the site had been migrated to a name servers. I'm thinking that has the domain covered but what about I'm wondering where the host space is. I was told they never had host space. Their guy that set it up is scratching his head. In haste he buys new host space and I upload the files.

I thought, great the IP will resolve in a day or so. In the meantime, I contacted their original company and was able to find out the new DNS. I prompted changed it to point to the name servers of the new host company.

That was Tuesday (May 23). It wasn't until yesterday that I realize the 'page not displaying' message is not because the things not resolving; there's some other reason.

I've cleared out cache, history, cookies. I've disconnected our router and reset the DSL modem. I've tried Netscape, IE, and FF. I get the same result. What do I need to do? What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by lleighh2; May 26, 2006 at 06:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the page works fine for me. try the following
    ping ncfapa.org
    it should spit out the following.
    ncfapa.org (71.18.72.47)