SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the iconic look of #8 best. But I think it is a little generic. How about adding something about cavaliers to the logo, so that people identify your logo better. A cavalier figure is not essential, maybe you can use an historic ornament/symbol on the mail icon to remind that era.

SitePoint Enthusiast CanaryWoolf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished Logo design

OK first off, many thanks to everyone who has posted for your useful comments and feedback.

In the end I went to DP member guybrush for a professional finish to one of my original ideas. I would like to take this opportunity to leave a bit of a testimonial about the service which I received which was second to none. The transaction was completed completely via email and through the client area of their website and at a price that you really can't grumble at - Thanks

And so here it is....

It works very nice on print, we are having exterior signage produced and it looks great on the website: www.cavaliermailing.com

CW
    Canary Woolf
    Do you know what a zook is?
    www.bamzooki.org.uk + | + www.cavaliermailing.com

Graphic Designer silver trophy Dache's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im really not feeling this logo. Seems to me this is your final version, Id highly recommend you give it another try.
    The curves are very weak. The enveloppes central triangle doesnt seem to be properly centered.
    There is a downward, clear/bright to faded/dark/blur movement in the icon. This has a negative conotation to say the least. The kerning on the type is also to be reviewed. The icon itself is also very generic and not unique. I really see no professional finish at all. Many things to change in my opinion.

Regards,
    Dache
    | identity | print | webdesign | typography |
    | My portfolio www.dache.ch |
    | Contact : email |

SitePoint Enthusiast CanaryWoolf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! As it happens we are very happy with the design and for us it 'ticks all of the boxes'

Design is not written in black and white and I understand that you might have chosen a different approach but in this case we gave very strong directions as to what we wanted done with the design. The end result is something that all at our organisation are very happy with.

Given a totally free hand I'm sure the designer would have chosen to something a little different.

CW
    Canary Woolf
    Do you know what a zook is?
    www.bamzooki.org.uk + | + www.cavaliermailing.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen I have to put up my three posts, before I can post. So I am doing just that.

However, I agree with Dache. While this logo is much better then any of your originals it is still lacking. I was trying to think of easy ways to fix the logo and make it look nicer, but I think it would be better to just start off in a new direction. You need to try and let go of this idea of having to have an envelope in your logo.

You already have "mailing" in your name they know what you do. So put a little more design into it.

Graphic Designer silver trophy Dache's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think they're changing their logo
    | identity | print | webdesign | typography |
    | My portfolio www.dache.ch |
    | Contact : email |