SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New name suggestion?

I am a photographer, painter and writer and my domain is studio-nelson.com. I chose "studio" because it's a generic word for a place where a painter, photographer, and writer might work, and my name is Peter Nelson. In Europe a similar broad concept to "studio" might be "atelier".

Many people trip over the dash ("-"), so I'm looking for a new domain name that has the same connotation - a place where an artist or writer would hang out - and my name, first or last. I prefer ".com", because that's what most normal (non-tech) people will think of for web URLs.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

PS - My wife is a musician and I sometimes put her music up on the site, too, and "studio" works for that also. So what's another place where artistic or creative people - writers, painters, photographers, poets, musicians, etc - might work or hang out, that I could use in a domain name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about PNart.com
    It is short, pronoucible and available. And it fits very well to both your wife and you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked these domains for you:
    artofpeter.com nelsonmusicandart.com
    nelsonart.com peterart.com
    nelsonstudio.com peterstudio.com
    musicandart.com artandmusic.com
    musicart.com artmusic.com
    But only artofpeter.com nelsonmusicandart.com are available.

One word of advice though, dont check the domains people say are available again and again. Other people might know you are interested and register it for temselves just so that they can sell it to you in higher price.