SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting almost 400 visits a day lately. Only thing I've paid for is the domain.

Visitors come from search engines and links from MySpace (mostly bulletins, some profiles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iwinweekly, thanks for your response. I have just started submitting articles and am in the process of analyzing the results of my submissions. I am closely watching the effects to see if it is worthwhile to submit more in the future. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    Double penalty: All the links have the same anchor text, which clearly tells Google they're not naturally placed links.
    When I submit articles I vary the anchor text the same way I do when I submit my site to directories, so they don't have the same anchor text.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    klasr: Your first post and already spamming! What are you trying to show us with your poker landing page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet21
    Has anyone managed to achieve good traffic, maybe 500 uniques/day without utilizing ppc/cpc type programs?
    Im building up to it, i finally got a good SEO strategy thats working with keywords to build on. Im at 315 unique a day, going strong!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own only two sites as of now. Just working on some more websites and hope to launch about 10 new websites.

I pay nothing to advertise but i get 300-400 unique visitors. I just do link exchanges and my site www.uniqueproxy.com is well listed in google search engine which is giving me good free traffic

My site www.mmgurl.com is also doing good without any advertisement(paid). It's only linked with a moneymakergroup forum for some free traffic nothing else. All due to members response. They like it and i get 200-300 unique visitors daily. Launched in january and already made 4000+ short url by members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostseed
    Im building up to it, i finally got a good SEO strategy thats working with keywords to build on. Im at 315 unique a day, going strong!
    Do you care to share the details of your new seo strategy?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    site promotion through Link Exchange is one of the best and easiest way to increase your targetted Traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been getting my traffic through posting in forums, you need a forum that relates to your page and start posting, NOT SPAMING, but posting actual good advice and questions. Also my page deals with webmasters and want to be webmasters so of course they hang out in forums but for example a fabric retail shop might be better off advertising on the radio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site is about 2 1/2 months old and my traffic ranges from 200 - 1000 uniques per day. It flucuates and I'm not really sure what's going on with the traffic jumps.

I've submitted my site to about 50 directories, added to a couple social bookmark sites, added to myspace bulletin(not many friends...51) and did a couple link exchanges. Besides that, I'm getting about 50 - 100 of those uniques from google and MSN(most) daily. Not really getting any traffic from yahoo and I'm not sure as to why on that either. Oh yeah, and joined a webring...brings about 5 - 15 uniques daily.

My type of site is an arcade/Flash game type, but a very unique one. It's not like all the others you see. Hopefully that will help to take my site a bit further.

Should I submit articles about this type of site?? Would it be of any benefit?

I've heard of arcage/game site banner exchanges. Wonder if this would be a positive or negative thing for my site. Hmmmmmm