SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content for me is traffic. SoccerOpinion.com has two ways, either straight up, or nothing.

    I've found that if I post 5 articles a day between a certain time I'm likely to get up to 5000 visitors for one article. Yes, I go through newsfeed engines but it is worth it. I see it as free advertising.

    The more articles a day posted the more visitors I get, plain and simple. My articles are topic related too.

    Content people, content!

  2. #27
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Viral Marketing

    I have got up to 100 k unique visitors per day just from viral marketing. if you have a good offer - just send it to everyone you know and ask them to forward it.

    I have done no SEO, or CPC at all.

    My site is:
    www.pokerinforoom.com

  3. #28
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most traffic I got without advertising on a site I built was about 300. I have a humor site that gets over 1000 a day but humor sites are easy to promote because they all pretty much work together.

  4. #29
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My traffic come from forums sigs, some from link exchanges. Directories bring me about 10 visitors/week.

  5. #30
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are writing articles, post them on ezinearticles.com, it's a powerhouse for getting traffic. It's been around for a while, so it's reputable. While you're there, read some articles on traffic growth techniques, there's plenty there.

  6. #31
    SitePoint Enthusiast Janet21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linkin99
    If you are writing articles, post them on ezinearticles.com, it's a powerhouse for getting traffic. It's been around for a while, so it's reputable. While you're there, read some articles on traffic growth techniques, there's plenty there.
    ezinearticles is one of my favoritie article directories as well. It is one I always submit my articles to.

  7. #32
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my comes from forum sigs, i guess not from other till now i get around 500 unique per day anyway www.affiliatenetwork.be

  8. #33
    SitePoint Wizard Nikolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some sites that get 500 - 1500 uniques per day, and I never spend money to promote them(except around $200-$300 in total which was money that my sites earned)

    The key to have traffic is to give people something that they want. For example in my webmaster community I publish some php snippets, and I see lot of traffic from php blogs, dig, delicious, etc. without submitting them there.

    This is because people like those snippets and they link them too. This way as a webmaster you don't have to spend a lot of time for promotion, but you can spend your time for your real work which is make better sites.

    Also persistence is a key factor, because as Aerosmith said "You've got to lose to know how to win"

    Good luck with your sites

  9. #34
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good unique content and targeted advertising.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  10. #35
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linkin99
    If you are writing articles, post them on ezinearticles.com, it's a powerhouse for getting traffic. It's been around for a while, so it's reputable. While you're there, read some articles on traffic growth techniques, there's plenty there.
    Have to disagree with that.... Keep your article to your own sites, why submit original content to another site?? For a backlink that holds no weight? Not worth it by any means. These article directories either don't pass PR anymore, links hold no weight nice they are not targeted, no weight because of all the backlinks on the site, traffic you get is minimal.... when is the last time anyone actually read an article from a article directory and followed the link back to your site?


    Keep the original content for your own site or submit them to a well known targeted site when someone will actually read the article and the backlink will hold weight.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  11. #36
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Used ClickMogul.com and WSTraffic quite a bit

    Hi,

    I used targetted traffic from ClickMogul.com and general traffic from WSTraffic. It costs a total of $20/month but has done a lot for my site.

    www.contractorservicecenter.com

    Regards,
    HE

  12. #37
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    boro
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get around 1,000 visitors a day.. But lately I have been hopping around in visits.. ALl depends on how much I advertise.

  13. #38
    SitePoint Zealot MTbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    or submit them to a well known targeted site when someone will actually read the article and the backlink will hold weight.
    That's the reason I submit articles to ezinearticles

  14. #39
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTbiker
    That's the reason I submit articles to ezinearticles
    You think people read your articles on Ezinearticles? Do you ever pay attention to the traffic that comes from an article directory like that.... the traffic you do see is not a real person and its very minimal. But if your getting great traffic that's great, I have yet to hear or see anyone getting a large amount of traffic from an article directory like this.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  15. #40
    SitePoint Wizard Nikolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None visits ezinearticles or other article sources to read something, but to grab some content for their site.

    That increases the chances to see your content in other sites and get some descent traffic.

  16. #41
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas
    None visits ezinearticles or other article sources to read something, but to grab some content for their site.

    That increases the chances to see your content in other sites and get some descent traffic.

    Again... have you ever tracked the traffic from this? People using free articles don't get much traffic, its a fact. Why would a popular website use a free article that can be found on a bunch of other sites. Popular sites don't do this, they use original content.

    Do you think Sitepoint would use a free article from a article directory? The people that use free articles are scripts that auto grab content for adsense websites, or other article websites (not people and its not manual). People learn quick that this doesn't work and ditch the idea and your article. Granted some people will manually look for an article but its few and far between.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  17. #42
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    Have to disagree with that.... Keep your article to your own sites, why submit original content to another site?? For a backlink that holds no weight? Not worth it by any means. These article directories either don't pass PR anymore, links hold no weight nice they are not targeted, no weight because of all the backlinks on the site, traffic you get is minimal.... when is the last time anyone actually read an article from a article directory and followed the link back to your site?

    Keep the original content for your own site or submit them to a well known targeted site when someone will actually read the article and the backlink will hold weight.
    Do you have any articles at ezinearticles.com? I'm assuming not based on your response. If not, you cannot tell how much traffic you could get, unless you've tried before and didn't see any positive results. I agree with your concern that having duplicate content is not the best thing when search engines are concerned. However, if one did right an article, put it on their site, then write an abbreviated article, and submitted it to ezinearticles with a "See (insert website here) for more details on this article" teaser, that could definitely help in getting one traffic to their site.
    The whole point of this thread was to mention how one could get traffic. You don't have to submit every article you write. Please also note that I am not saying to submit it to all article sites, i only mentioned this one.

  18. #43
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linkin99
    Do you have any articles at ezinearticles.com? I'm assuming not based on your response. If not, you cannot tell how much traffic you could get, unless you've tried before and didn't see any positive results. I agree with your concern that having duplicate content is not the best thing when search engines are concerned. However, if one did right an article, put it on their site, then write an abbreviated article, and submitted it to ezinearticles with a "See (insert website here) for more details on this article" teaser, that could definitely help in getting one traffic to their site.
    The whole point of this thread was to mention how one could get traffic. You don't have to submit every article you write. Please also note that I am not saying to submit it to all article sites, i only mentioned this one.
    The whole point of this thread is to discuss traffic ways, I'm disagreeing with the post.... is that a problem? My point is that the time spent doing this is a waste since it does not produce good results.

    I have tried article submission, I have spent the last 2-3 years doing it researching it, seeing results, and tracking results. I even own my own article site. I'm posting my experience with submitting articles to these free directories. Now if you write two articles and submit one referencing another more detailed on it wouldn't hurt, but your article is not going to explode with traffic because of this.

    Your not just talking about one article directory, if you submit one article to ezinearticles, other sites will pick it up. Many article sites have scripts that will auto grab that article. Not to mention other sites that grab free content.

    Now this is only with these free article directories, if you want to do it proper you should submit your article to a site like Sitepoint (if webmaster related) or a large gardening site (if gardening related). Not a non-targeted free article directory.

    Again my opinion.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  19. #44
    SitePoint Zealot MTbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    Now this is only with these free article directories, if you want to do it proper you should submit your article to a site like Sitepoint (if webmaster related) or a large gardening site (if gardening related). Not a non-targeted free article directory.

    Again my opinion.
    I've had some nice partnerships like that develop after submitting some articles to ezinearticles. Although I'm sure results will vary greatly by niche.

    I highly agree with that point, but I still make use of ezinearticles.

  20. #45
    SitePoint Enthusiast Janet21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These article directories either don't pass PR anymore, links hold no weight nice they are not targeted, no weight because of all the backlinks on the site, traffic you get is minimal
    I saw you post a similar response on another forum, again, do you have any proof of this? If so, please share your resource. Thanks.

  21. #46
    SitePoint Wizard Nikolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason propably has to do with the 'duplicate content' thing (I don't say penalty because there is no penalty for duplicate conent)

    I mean that as those duplicate content pages do not show up in the SERPs, it is reasonable the links in them not to have weight.

  22. #47
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet21
    I saw you post a similar response on another forum, again, do you have any proof of this? If so, please share your resource. Thanks.
    Again... My resource is my own experience I guess, but many people have tested this with similar results. I believe there was even a post recently on sitepoint regarding this. It not hard to believe that some places are not going to pass PR, its not hard to understand that if you are a huge directory of article with tons of outgoing links that your not going to hold that much weight, and its also not hard to understand no one is going to read your article on those directories.

    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who believes this either...

    Recent post:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351552
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

  23. #48
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Philadephia, PA
    Posts
    20,578
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas
    The reason propably has to do with the 'duplicate content' thing (I don't say penalty because there is no penalty for duplicate conent)

    I mean that as those duplicate content pages do not show up in the SERPs, it is reasonable the links in them not to have weight.
    Double penalty: All the links have the same anchor text, which clearly tells Google they're not naturally placed links.

  24. #49
    SitePoint Wizard Nikolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That depends to what you mean 'penalty'

    All those links just wont count in the SERPs algorithm. There is no harm from that (and no benefit ofcourse)

  25. #50
    SitePoint Wizard ChrisRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas
    That depends to what you mean 'penalty'

    All those links just wont count in the SERPs algorithm. There is no harm from that (and no benefit ofcourse)
    Agreed..
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •