SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best payment gateway for charities?

Hi,

I'm doing some web work for a registered Australian charity. I'm recommending that they set up a secure payment gateway for charitable donations through their site. For a commercial business, I've recently had experience with eSec's payment gateway (www.esec.com.au), and have been pretty pleased. They charge AUD$550 per year or 2500 transactions (which ever comes first).

I've sent eSec an enquiry about whether they have any special deals for charities, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask here if anyone
    a) has any general advice or experience to share about accepting charitable donations through web sites
    b) knows of any payment gateway services that have special deals for charities.

Obviously, if the payment gateway service is not based in Australia, then the mechanism for getting the funds into their Australian bank account would have to be easy and economical.

Thanks!
    Web Design Perth Melbourne .:. Itomic Business Website Solutions
    Drupal Experts .:. Drupalise

Payment Acceptance Expert jconley2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From looking at the site it appears they use WorldPay as their payment gateway. I would contact WorldPay directly to see if they offer specials for non-profits. I would think that they would, I know many places that do here for US non-profit businesses.

To your success,

Jim Conley II
    Your Payment Acceptance Expert
    Get FREE copy of "Top 3 Merchant Account Pitfalls REVEALED" -
    http://www.discount-merchant-account.com
    Touch-Tone Credit Card Processing - $39 setup & $5/month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your advice.

You're right, eSec do partner with WorldPay, but I prefer eSec because they have their own pricing policy which is extremely easy to understand (unlike most solution providers I see).

They charge a flat AUD$550 (inc. sales tax) per yer OR per 2500 transactions, whichever comes first. So the more transactions that are made, the better value this deal becomes - as cheap as AUD$0.20 per transaction, no other fees (no setup fees either).

By the way - despite what it might sound like - I have no affiliation with eSec aside from the fact that I've chosen to use them on a couple of projects.

Anyhow, getting off the point - I contacted eSec and by way of a special concession to charities they were offering to increase the number of transactions by 1000 to 3500 (before having to pay the standard fee again).
    Web Design Perth Melbourne .:. Itomic Business Website Solutions
    Drupal Experts .:. Drupalise

Payment Acceptance Expert jconley2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sort of figured you'd get a better deal. Good stuff! Glad to hear you've got hooked up with the right company. I'll have to add them to my list of Non-US processors... never know when another AU merchant will pop-up looking for a processor there.

To your success,

Jim Conley II
    Your Payment Acceptance Expert
    Get FREE copy of "Top 3 Merchant Account Pitfalls REVEALED" -
    http://www.discount-merchant-account.com
    Touch-Tone Credit Card Processing - $39 setup & $5/month