SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think about midphase ??

I saw midphase with it's cheap and good plans...

I make some questions in serval forums just I saw one man have some problems with them as he request the best plan ( Pro-PHASE ) for two days and his domain still not active and also when he goes to whois.com he saw that his domain is still avalible... in another hand he put 6 million of ! and ? over his head when he recieve e-mail from them require a fax request for his creadit card just to be sure that he is he as what thay said...

I saw there plans but I'm some how fried to have any thing with them after I saw this man experience with them

so is any comments here ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after looking at their sites and their rates and some comments, they look like another ipowerweb. Cheap prices with horrible support. Looking at some reviews it looks like they confirm this. Half of the reviews I seen report midphase is not a good choice, the other half think midphase is good. I guess its a hit and miss. I personal wouldn't suggest them by the looks of things, then again I wouldn't suggest any company offering 50 gb bandwidth for $7 a month, example ipowerweb.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My observation has been different.
    So far all reviews I read about them has been good. Their support staff are supposed to be there 24 hrs a day. And all their customers are happy...
    May be you are the first...
    E-mail them and ask...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the owners of midphase personally - great guys working there....sure they've run into their fair share of problems, probably due to them not being able to handle the tremendous growth.

My suggestion would be to ask for a free trial - or a money back guarantee which they will honor (if they don't, let me know i'll break some legs - their offices are about 2 minutes away from me

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for replies...

jmweb... I'm currently with ipowerweb... after 3 e-mails and 4 tickets of trying to know when exactly I need to rebill they said If you want to rebill just go to this site and they gave me a link... and now and before two weeks from rebilling time they send an e-mail to rebill...

ipower web is good but some times I saw it slow and second I need more than 3 db's ( at least 20 )... when first time I go with ipowerweb I didn't know that I will need more than 2 db's but now I really need more...

freak... I don't have much time to test... as my account in ipowerweb will finish in less than two weeks

akash... If you really know them... just ask them why they really want a fax creadit card request ?? I know that this is better to be sure that I'm = I'm... but infact I'm just a technical not the CreaditCard owner... so the creadit card is not mine

you know I have less than two weeks and also I have three ASP web sites to build ( in another host with no problems from 13 months great support great features for what these 3 sites need ( Unlimited Space, Bandwith, e-mails, ASP and ASP.net support, unlimited ODBC ))

and now I need to go with another host

nice how much i'm busy

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need one reliable host, you can always try lunarpages...

They have survived long without being bashed in and are among the best host in the industry...

Or maybe ultraunix.net. I've heard lots of good stuff about them too...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Really happy with MidPhase

I have about 20 web sites and after paying tons of money for a dedicated server and not using even 1/50th of its capacity (both in bandwidth and storage), I decided to get the ProPhase account from MidPhase. I've been really happy with them...their support responds via e-mail within about 15 minutes. Their ProPhase account is really good -- the best part is unlimited add-on domains which lets you run up to 999 domains on one account just for $12/mo. I've done several tests and have gotten great speed. Try them out...

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signup very strange

When I signed up with MP, I thought it was rather inconvenient when they required me to be at my phone (the one I listed as a contact #) in order to complete the signup process. I wasn't at home at the time, so I had to call someone who was at my house, resubmit my "Send confirmation Call" on a webpage, and tell them a confirmation number. The strangest - and most inconvenient - process I've ever had to go through to get an account started.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Midphase is The Worst !

Just got screwed by them. I had a site with them for 1 yr.Great Initial low cost turns to high costs to add on, email is horrible, and customer service is non-existent. And auto renewal is a fraud. Still trying to get my money - I cancelled a few days later than their policy says. I filed Better business Bureau complaint and credit card dispute. Read the 16 pages of fine print on their terms and conditions. Their customer service is the WORST. Watch out for this guy named "MARK". Seems like one guy in billing whi is an ahole. STAY away from these guys, they rip you off. Here's one of their reply's:

"Understand it is not our business to take advantage of you, nor is it
    our intentions. We do, however, have a business need to collect what
    is rightfully ours and we base these decisions entirely on your
    account history and compliance with our Terms of Service policy."

Dan Ushman
    Billing Manager
    AND....

Since you have disputed the charge with your credit card company we
    have no choice in this matter.

Once we receive the charge back notice we will supply all the details
    to your credit card company.
    You will also be sent to collections and will be reflected on your credit.

Thank you,

Mark

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still trying to get my money - I cancelled a few days later than their policy says.
    Not to be harsh, and I'm not particularly fond of Midphase, but the story seems to end there... the collections procedure in case of chargebacks is actually mentioned in the TOS.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dante, have you tried to follow up with them on this matter? From several complaint threads I've seen in the past on WHT, they were pretty willing to work on coming up with a reasonable solution with the user.