King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coo_t2
    * :

...whatever in the hell that thing is.
    It's a bike with a manual lawnmower attached to the front instead of a wheel!

lol

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need some pics if we're to be completely honest here.

I'm not a particularly good looking guy and I've had more than my fair share of gfs/hook ups.

BUT it didn't happen until I decided to be more confident and outgoing, when I was shy I was in your shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm picky as ****
    unless a girl is perfect (imo) I wont even look at her.

SitePoint Enthusiast mavahntooth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not me.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a1nerd i think you are too obsessed with this whole dating thing, the whole "relationship thing" is over rated IMO. You meet someone, you dont meet someone, theres no need to have a song and dance about whether u do or dont. If worse comes to worse....there are always mail order brides I think you are takin it way too seriously, usually when u stop lookin for something you find it, take a break from worryin about it.

(btw shaun, Mr Vain in the house thats an avatar in SP as far as i know, besides that picture isnt ugly, just nerdy )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a mug shot of young Bill Gates (yes, he was arrested, I can't remember why)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake4974
    I think it's a mug shot of young Bill Gates (yes, he was arrested, I can't remember why)
    i was thinkin that ....afterwards i checked it and it says "littlebilly" groovey haircut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a girlfriend and Im 21.

I don't mean to sound shallow, and I know it goes both ways,
    but I really don't trust girls. I had my troubled youth days and kissed some girls who liked me but they always had a reason not to be boyfriend/girlfriend. They wanted to have sex I think, because that's usually where I stopped hanging out.
    No, seriously, I am totally serious - not trying to look like mr. good guy kay.
    Sex is too personal to me to just go do it with people.

Okay Im going to shutup now, Dear Diary, thats all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostseed
    I've never had a girlfriend and Im 21.

but I really don't trust girls. I had my troubled youth days and kissed some girls who liked me but they always had a reason not to be boyfriend/girlfriend. They wanted to have sex I think, because that's usually where I stopped hanging out.
    No, seriously, I am totally serious - not trying to look like mr. good guy kay.

Okay Im going to shutup now, Dear Diary, thats all.

Good for you Lostseed..least u know what u want and dont want. And like i said before in this thread, lowering ur standards for someone else "for the sake of a gf" is bad news, good job that u dont conform to the norm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead)

Be difficult, be a little disrespectful, ...
    Wow. That's really bad advice. Sure a lot of guys who do well with the ladies are difficult and disrespectful, but if they get away with it then the women are already attracted to other qualities. If they don't find you attractive for other reasons first, then being difficult and disrespectful is only going to hurt your chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I really don't trust girls.
    Yep, it is a 2 way street. It requires risk on both sides. Not the risk analysis type of risk either, the "I'm willing to risk..." type of risk (which isn't really a risk. Willing and risk can't be used in the same sentence ultimately, IMO. Willing means you are "going to hedge my bet").
    They wanted to have sex I think, because that's usually where I stopped hanging out.
    That makes no sense at all to me. You think they wanted to have sex because you stopped hanging with them? I'm guessing you mean that you got the feeling they wanted to have sex and so stopped hanging out with them. Humans like sexual contact.
    You know, IMO this is really a spiritual issue. I can't give my opinion without touching on several spiritual ideas, which are invariably interpreted as discussing religion, which is verboten on SP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what you've said about the things you've done to get girls, it sounds like you're desperate. To be perfectly honest, any woman with a brain hates desperation, its an uncomfortable situation for a woman, and she will come up with any excuse under the sun to get away.
    You could also try to stop saying things like "I dont want an overweight ugly chick".. thats not very attractive.
    Women are the emotional creatures while men are the logical ones, this is why men will never understand women, they simply cannot put their feet in a womans shoes. All of our decisions we make have some kind of emotional attachment behind them, the decision to have babies, the decision to date, etc etc. It's pretty obvious from your comments that you're completely unable to tune into the emotional side of women and read it at a basic level, if you could you'd have more tact when referring to women, and they'd be more responsive because they sense a man who can actually say the right thing to them.
    My opinion? You can't read women at all. No man can completely read a woman, but most men learn the basics enough to know the right things to say or do in response to a female. Instinct, you need to work on that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i fear we may chat about this til the cows come home and no action or result will become of it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    i fear we may chat about this til the cows come home and no action or result will become of it
    Yes, he should just get a prostitute. (where it's legal, of course)
    You gotta pay for it one way or the other anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm..or like i said before.....do the whole mail order bride thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    Women are the emotional creatures while men are the logical ones, this is why men will never understand women, they simply cannot put their feet in a womans shoes.
    Oh please, I see stymiee in women's shoes all the time

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    If not people, then ...what?

Sorry - that was mean.

A1nerd - you will never be liked by someone until you like yourself. Women like confidence (as has been said many times in this thread).

I'm not unattractive, but for a while I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. Several years ago I really started to love who I am, and things changed over night. Believe me - relax and enjoy who you are and you'll have to beat them off with a stick.

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coo_t2
    If they don't find you attractive for other reasons first, then being difficult and disrespectful is only going to hurt your chances.
    He HAS other qualities... he's probably friggin' brilliant (like most other people on SP), he's started his own company, he's talented in what he does...
    He already has attractive qualities!!...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I'm 16 and I've already dated about 5 girls.
    Love pets? Why not discuss virtual pets?
    Contact me on Twitter @cpvr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A1nerd, put this sign in front of you, it'll help you alot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very true. Getting a prostitute is way cheaper than a marriage or having a girlfriend. But i want the emotional thing sex is just sex. I have hired a whore before and it's fun while your doing your thing but it goes away quick.

Your also right about me saying the wrong things. I scream desperation and most girls tell me whats so unattractive about me is my low self esteem and desperation. But wtf how can i not be desperate when i am lol. Even if i try to play off I'm not girls can still tell that i am. The key is how to not look desperate and how to have a high self esteem when you don't.

[QUOTE=HAWK]If not people, then ...what?

Sorry - that was mean.

A1nerd - you will never be liked by someone until you like yourself. Women like confidence (as has been said many times in this thread).

That's why I'm going through therapy and so far not doing anything for me yet. I may need medication maybe that will help.
    That's why I'm going through therapy and so far not doing anything for me yet. I may need medication maybe that will help.
    I'm not unattractive, but for a while I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. Several years ago I really started to love who I am, and things changed over night. Believe me - relax and enjoy who you are and you'll have to beat them off with a stick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex is too personal...to do it with people

I knew you and Vinnie would get along
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're allowing yourself to get desperate.
    I had non-serious relationships until I met my husband. I never once looked for a guy, I never felt I needed it, and the thought of marriage sent me running more than a few times.
    You'll only get "un-desperate" when you realise that while a relationship is nice, its NOT necessary, you don't *need* a woman, if you continue feeling you do need one, and you do get into a relationship, you'll probably end up codependant and unhappy with it anyhow.
    I found the perfect guy for me when I wasn't looking, I never wanted to get into the relationship trap, and felt it was way overrated, didnt feel I could love anyone enough to be with them til I die.
    Cliche but true, you can't see the woods for the trees. You're looking too hard, stop it, it'll come when it comes, wasting your time, energy and emotions by doing all of this unnecessary stuff won't net you Miss Right.
    It's simply not as complicated as people think, too many games involved, it's just stupid how people go about something as simple as a connection with someone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ agrees with illumina follow that and u cant go wrong, otherwise im through posting in this thread, i cant be arsed reading the whining comments its doin me head in!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, unless you're into having sex with farm animals, humans are supposed to have sex with other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by a1nerd
    Your also right about me saying the wrong things. I scream desperation and most girls tell me whats so unattractive about me is my low self esteem and desperation. But wtf how can i not be desperate when i am lol. Even if i try to play off I'm not girls can still tell that i am. The key is how to not look desperate and how to have a high self esteem when you don't.
    Start working out, if you don't already. Working out and exercising helps build self confidence. Change your clothes and your entire appearance. Pick up GQ to find out what is the latest fashion trends for guys. Buy a nice watch and a nice car.

When you're in a social situation, you have to get noticed. Girls can pick up on certain vibes and tell whose who. No one is going to talk to your *** if you're in the corner feeling sorry for yourself. But if you're telling a funny story to a big group of people, you might come away with a couple of phone numbers.

And finally stop trying so hard.