SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 195
  1. #51
    King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav
    shockingly that site was fake...

    My god, lies on the Internet someone call the police!

  2. #52
    SitePoint Enthusiast mav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1nerd
    I'm not ugly or anything and I'm not gay girls just dont find me sexually attractive. I have tried lowering my standards and it still doesnt work. I want to be attracted to the girl I'm with i don't want an overweight ugly chick.
    Start working out and as sad as this statement may seem, nice guys do finish last. I still haven't figured it out and probably never will, but girls, especially the hot chicks, like being with assholes.

    Also on a side note, any guys here notice that once you're in a committed relationship, girls don't leave you alone? When I was single, dating was naturally easy for me but I rarely got calls from chicks with overt intentions. When I got engaged, I get these calls every weekend from ex-girlfriends and even friends that are girls. Its like "Oh hi, me and my friend are playing naked twister and I was wondering if you wanted to come and watch?" DOH

  3. #53
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Proof that everything in the world can be made funny through DVD covers:

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Designer
    I know a guy in his 30s who has never had a girlfriend. He's not bad looking, and he's not gay. He is just very shy around people. However, he has taken matters into his own hands (NO PUN INTENDED) and hired a trainer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Another Designer
    I also know a few individuals who are still virgins in their 40s!



    Quote Originally Posted by mav
    Also on a side note, any guys here notice that once you're in a committed relationship, girls don't leave you alone?
    Same thing with jobs dude, the recruiters never stop calling...until you're unemployed and actually need them. The thing is, once you're in a relationship/have a job, you exude confidence because you don't have to try anymore, and that makes people want you.

  4. #54
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1nerd
    I'm not ugly or anything and I'm not gay girls just dont find me sexually attractive. I have tried lowering my standards and it still doesnt work. I want to be attracted to the girl I'm with i don't want an overweight ugly chick.
    ok so ur 29 and never had a girlfriend hmm...do you go out much? maybe ur just not out there enough? Plus you should never lower ur standards, thats just asking for trouble btw, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, from ur comments IMO your attitude towards women stinks, maybe thats something to work on

  5. #55
    King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    Plus you should never lower ur standards, thats just asking for trouble
    It's funny how everyone sees the cup as half full in this thread.

    That he doesn't want to lower his standards is one viewpoint, the opposite viewpoint would be that hot chicks aren't interested in him.

    I don't want to sound harsh but if you've never dated a girl and you're 29 odds are the problems are with you, not the women of the world.

    You're starting out from a HUGE disadvantage here. Older women are generally not interested in men who have the social skills (from a relationship perspective) of a teenager. You haven't gone through jealousy, heartbreak, true love, puppy love, lust, cuddling, etc... These are items that help you grow emotionally and teach you how to relate to women.

    I'd go to online dating for now, even if it doesn't work out it'll certainly help you get practice in the world of dating and social skills relating to women.

    Besides, it's a much smarter move from a time perspective, you're looking for dates, they're looking for dates, no more of this hit and miss meeting random women who might be married or not looking. It allows you to break outside your current social circle to meet women, because obviously your current one sucks if it's never paid off.

  6. #56
    _ silver trophy ses5909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,466
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    You're starting out from a HUGE disadvantage here. Older women are generally not interested in men who have the social skills (from a relationship perspective) of a teenager. You haven't gone through jealousy, heartbreak, true love, puppy love, lust, cuddling, etc... These are items that help you grow emotionally and teach you how to relate to women.
    Exactly. If I was looking to date (im 30), i would be looking for someone who had worked through all of their relationship issues. I wouldn't even consider going out with someone who hadn't been in a relationship because I am too old to play games. You will find that in most women my age. Even when you're not looking to settle down.. you still want to hang out with someone that knows what they want.
    Sara

  7. #57
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i was speaking from my point of view and what i thought would sound like the best advice i could give to him, just like you're doin...I dont think he should lower his standards..that means ur settling for something u dont really want...its just gonna end up not working out, ok true i agree its experience nonetheless.

    I also agree that yes....i think the problem is with himself...there is someone out there for him no doubt, but he has to look closer to home first before he gets anywhere near there

  8. #58
    King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    well i was speaking from my point of view and what i thought would sound like the best advice i could give to him, just like you're doin...I dont think he should lower his standards..that means ur settling for something u dont really want...its just gonna end up not working out, ok true i agree its experience nonetheless.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with you, lowering your standards rarely works out but our point was that he is going to have elevate himself to the point where the women he is interested wouldn't have to lower their standards to go out with him.

    His lack of experience is really going to bite him in the *** when it comes to meeting women, the 40 yr old Virgin was a cute movie but for a real life scenario it would really suck.

  9. #59
    Wadge! F4nat1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milt
    Really? Millions?

    3 weeks x 1,000,000 / 52 = you're over 57,000 years old?
    theres always one.

  10. #60
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    I don't think anyone disagrees with you, lowering your standards rarely works out but our point was that he is going to have elevate himself to the point where the women he is interested wouldn't have to lower their standards to go out with him.

    His lack of experience is really going to bite him in the *** when it comes to meeting women, the 40 yr old Virgin was a cute movie but for a real life scenario it would really suck.
    Fair enough tke i think this guy needs to cop on to reality and if he is that hard up for a date...then he will do something about it

  11. #61
    Non-Member coo_t2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dog Street
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav
    Start working out and as sad as this statement may seem, nice guys do finish last. I still haven't figured it out and probably never will, but girls, especially the hot chicks, like being with assholes.
    Women like alpha males, which tend to be a-holes, but there are other tendencies/characteristics that define what an alpha male is.

  12. #62
    is not my name biggdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Station 43
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK
    Me. Actually, I'm in my 30's and I've never had a girlfriend.
    Thats so funnny....
    stay hungry, stay foolish.

  13. #63
    Level 8 Chinese guy Archbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast universe
    Posts
    3,741
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    Maybe when you get to level 9...
    Nah, I think asexually is only a problem on level 2 or below.

  14. #64
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Clogland
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coo_t2
    Women like alpha males, which tend to be a-holes, but there are other tendencies/characteristics that define what an alpha male is.
    As you said, you don't necessarily have to be an *******. As long as you are confident in yourself and your abilities. (easier said than done)
    Also, women seem to be attracted to the "leader" of a group of friends, even if the group is seen by others as 'nerds', 'geeks' or whatever.

    *EDIT* And once you have a girlfriend, you will wish you were single again...:P

  15. #65
    Non-Member coo_t2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dog Street
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlitheryImp
    Also, women seem to be attracted to the "leader" of a group of friends, even if the group is seen by others as 'nerds' or whatever.
    Yep, and so that would be the "alpha" of that group. For the most part, I believe that both men and women like the same characteristics in men, they are just run through a different "filter". Men(heterosexual) interpret the qualities as being of someone they would respect, trust, and in some cases fear(although I think a true "alpha" is able to amass willing followers), etc, and therefore follow, whereas the heterosexual woman's filter will interpret/process those qualities into sexual attraction - i.e. someone they would want to mate with. I'm no biologists/scientist so I could be wrong, but it just makes sense to me that women would like men who are liked; it gives them(the woman) and their offspring a better chance of survival.
    But of course this is a broad generalization, you have to speak in generalizations because you're talking
    about trends/tendencies. Women are very complicated sexual creatures(much more than men) and
    so I believe there are woman out there who will like you no matter how unattractive you (think you)are. At the end of the day it's just a numbers game. Frequency of winning is directly related to how often you play the game. I should know because I'm a loser who never plays.

  16. #66
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i disagree with you guys... as a woman....i wouldnt go straight for the alpha male..no one likes a loud mouth, arrogant twit!

  17. #67
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    i disagree with you guys... as a woman....i wouldnt go straight for the alpha male..no one likes a loud mouth, arrogant twit!
    Everyone likes a loudmouth, arrogant twit, even if temporarily until his loudmouthedness and arrogance is exposed. But then it's too late.

    To put it another way: nobody wants to spend their lives with someone too insecure to ever stick up for themselves and someone who can't make a decision on their own.

  18. #68
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    Everyone likes a loudmouth, arrogant twit, even if temporarily until his loudmouthedness and arrogance is exposed. But then it's too late.

    To put it another way: nobody wants to spend their lives with someone too insecure to ever stick up for themselves and someone who can't make a decision on their own.
    I dont like a loudmouth, and if they are the alpha male...they are that for a reason. i dont like loud ppl who are too much "in your face". I know im not ur average woman, so i guess to a certain degree maybe most girls do like that but the same is to be said for guys also they always go for the alpha female lol

  19. #69
    Non-Member coo_t2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dog Street
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    i disagree with you guys... as a woman....i wouldnt go straight for the alpha male..no one likes a loud mouth, arrogant twit!
    1. No offense, but being a woman may actually make you less qualified to know what a woman wants.
    This isn't meant to be a shallow slight. This goes back to what I said earlier about
    women being complicated; they just are, I'm sorry. Women's wants/desires/impulses are often
    in contradiction to each other. Like I said earlier, men are very simple(T&A, pizza and intercourse), women are very complicated, and because of this I think even women often don't even know what they want, even if they are very certain that they do.

    2. Like I said we are generalizing because we have to, unless we plan on polling
    every woman on the planet. We are talking about _tendencies_ among the general female population.

    3. My definition of alpha male may be wrong, but I think that the term has been commandeered by
    many and the meaning has shifted to mean "loudmouth macho ***hole". That's not what I mean when I say alph male.
    I simply mean the male leader of a group. They do _tend_ to be macho ***holes but they also _tend_ to
    be liked(or at least respected) within the group, so the more macho the group, the more macho the head ***hole.
    Alpha males, IMO, also tend to be heads of state(by the very definition), military leaders, firefighters/law enforcement officers, CEOs, SP Team Leaders)), etc.

    When I say "alpha male" I'm not necessarily referring to these guys:

  20. #70
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    but the same is to be said for guys also they always go for the alpha female lol
    No, if they're smart they go for the one they have a chance with. If they're unscrupulous they go for the one who has had the most drinks that night.

  21. #71
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah i miss the wrestling

    Hmm, ok well guys i think we all have different beliefs and ideals on what the opposite sex wants and needs. I can only speak from my point of view, but if u want to generalise thats ok i dont think i would disagree with the "majority" of opinions on what men and women want and go for..

    I can understand how guys think women are complicated creatures in comparison to guys....but again a generalisation, not all women are like that...there are alot of bimbos out there...and men for that matter.... I think ppl can be complicated fullstop regardless of gender, if u cant understand someone and what they want its not because they are a woman or indeed a man..its just the way they are as individuals. So yeah im expecting some sorta assassination on my comments now, bring it!

  22. #72
    Non-Member coo_t2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dog Street
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    I can understand how guys think women are complicated creatures in comparison to guys....but again a generalisation, not all women are like that...there are alot of bimbos out there...and men for that matter.... I think ppl can be complicated fullstop regardless of gender, if u cant understand someone and what they want its not because they are a woman or indeed a man..its just the way they are as individuals. So yeah im expecting some sorta assassination on my comments now, bring it!
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean "complicated" to have a bad connotation. In fact, I probably could
    replace the word "complicated" with "deep" or "smart". When it comes to matters of sexual relationships(in the broadest sense
    of the word, not just intercourse) women are much deeper than men. I believe that their thoughts
    and emotions are much richer/deeper and that their interpretations(and reactions and behavior in general) are much more nuanced. Women
    are simply tuned to a higher pitch... or men are stupid, depending on how you look at it.

    But with this richness/depth comes delicacy and also what I would call complication. It's sort of like comparing a high performance European
    sports car with an average bicycle. There are many more moving parts that require greater precision which means
    there are more things that can get out of wack.
    Yes, emotionally speaking, women are a finely tuned Ferrari
    and men are one of these * :

    ...whatever in the hell that thing is.


    So I don't wanna come across as a misogynist, because I'm not. In fact, if the almighty himself(read Larry Flynt) came down from his lofty perch and confronted me with the bleak proposition that one sex of our species were to be wiped off the face of the planet, the other sex would be spared, and I were charged
    with the responsibility of choosing which, I would choose to spare the female of the species. Of course the fact that an inevitable string of gay cowboy movies and men's "beauty salons" would follow without the existence of women would definitely be a major influence on my decision.



    * Not counting gay guys

  23. #73
    SitePoint Addict a1nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i actually get out allot and meet allot of people. All the girls i meet are attracted to my other guy friends. I also own a very popular site where i have tons of models. I thought starting it would make me more desirable to women because I'm the main man that runs it. I do awesome photographer and such but i get the least attention and the other photographers always hook up with the models. I also do concert and show promotion and there again I'm the main guy in charge and i still get no play or attention. When i look at myself in the mirror i swear i don't see an ugly person at all. I actually like the way i look. But it's weird when my friend takes pictures of me with his camera i look allot different of what i see in the mirror. I mean i know I'm not crazy and i don't see things. I would think just becuase my status would help me be more desirable. I'm tottal opposite of whats supposed to happen when you start to get popular.

    Also what's weird i tell my therapist how i feel like I'm ugly or people think I'm ugly and all of them tell me I'm not and they tell me I'm attractive. But why the hell don't girls see that i mean i know i don't look like a monster. I mean fat old ugly men have girls friends even some of the young ugly homeless guys in my area have hot punker girtlfriends.

    I just can't stand the idea that my main photographer gets all the models and the attention and i get nothing. So basically I'm doing all this to get them laid and it's not doing squat for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    ok so ur 29 and never had a girlfriend hmm...do you go out much? maybe ur just not out there enough? Plus you should never lower ur standards, thats just asking for trouble btw, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, from ur comments IMO your attitude towards women stinks, maybe thats something to work on

  24. #74
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I am the worst person to offer advice because I've never had a serious relationship but I'll toss my two cents in...

    I'm not sure ('cause I've never met you) but I'm guessing (based on that story you just gave) that you're the type of guy who gets stuck in what I like to call "friends syndrome". That is the one where women only see you as "just a friend" and it's based on the simple fact that you're too nice... Women (or most women) for some illogical and strictly-emotional reason interpret nice guys as being weak. I think someone said it above there... They're (most of them) attacted to a**holes... plain and simple. Now I'm not saying you need to be a total pr*ck to get them interested in you, but you need to not be a complete push over (Like I said... I've never met you so I'm just guessing).
    Be difficult, be a little disrespectful, but most of all don't let them feel they can easily make you do anything they want.

    Another thing, I don't know if that's a photo of you in your avatar, but dressing and acting cool are important. It really doesn't matter if you're face is good-looking or ugly or anything... How many ugly (and poor!!) guys have you ever seen with hot chicks??... It's how you act, it's how you dress and most of all it's how you carry yourself... basically it's how cool you are. You might be surprised how an update to your wardrobe (and my god to you hair) would help you out.

    Like I said... I may be the worst person to offer advice because I've never ever had a relationship last more than 4 months (although that's probably due to the fact that I'm too vain and self-absorbed). But all in all, what I've said is the best way I know how and it works for me for the time being.

    Best of luck to you, mon ami.

  25. #75
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a site that helped me out a lot when I was in school... I'll post the link for you if I can find it back.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •