User Tag List

Thread: FastClick

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FastClick

Hello, i have a few questions regarding FastClick.com's popunder and banner programs!

First off, when it comes to selecting campains for the popunder program... Should i select all available or just the high paying ones. I want to make the most money possible but when selecting all of them... my CPM rate drops and when selecting just the top paying ones... It doesnt pop up all of the time! What have you guys found to make the most money!

My second question is regarding selecting CPM banner campains. If i just select one campain.. the one that pays the most and gets me the best ctr... Will it always show and get counted for? Or is it like the popunders where if the campain that i have selected is currently unavaiable.. it wont popup... or in the banners case... it wont show.. or will it show but i just wont get credited?

I would greatly appreciate some suggestions!
    HumorPalace.com !

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any banner network will serve what are known as defaults, banners that get displayed when they don't have any banners to display.

How many campaigns you pick usually wont affect how many impressions of each you will display. Instead the amount is usually calculated by dividing the total number of impressions by the total number of network users proportional to traffic.

If the network has no ads to serve you they will serve you a default... which in fastclick are the light brown color coded campaigns.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in fastclick... you can make your own defaults so when there is no banners to show... they will show one of yours? If so... when creating a default.. and it says priority... does that mean the priority over the other defaults or the priority over all my campains that i have selected?

So now... How many campains should i probly select so my defaults dont show as much? Thanks
    HumorPalace.com !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    priority means over other default campaigns, not over regular campaigns.

If you don't want your defaults to show you should select all of them, even then they'll probably show 10-20% of the time.

Most people join 2 or more ad networks and send the defaults from one network to another network.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know of any other banner cpm networds? I know of burstmedia.com... are there any others that are good... and with Burst! when signing up they ask you how many years to sign up for... How exactly does that work? if i sign up for 3 years to get the 70%... does that mean i just have to keep my account open with them for 3 years or i have to keep active for 3 years?
    HumorPalace.com !

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humorpalace its best to not unselect any of fastclick's popunders unless you find one personally offensive.

On the regular banners select only the ones that yield cpm's better than your next in line banner company if you have one.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... If i ran some tests.. is there a way to find out what percentage of my impressions is default so i can add more campains because i want as little defaults to run as possible!
    HumorPalace.com !

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humorpalace depending on your page views per unique visitor ratio you will get 30 to 50 percent defaults or more with fastclick. Selecting all campaigns even the cpc campaigns that yield 0.12 cpm is not wise and you will still have defaults.
    You need another adnetwork to default to.
    Either try www.contentzone.com or use error warning banners with www.allclicks.com if you have no other ad network alternatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always better to try and maximize your profit potential. What you're going to have to do is try and guage how much inventory they are actually selling on your site, if they arent' selling it all, you're going to want to keep on adding more and more campaigns, down to the lowest paying ones. That will ensure that you can make as much income as possible from your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also try valueclick.com

Before I went exclusive with Burst (signed a 3 year contract so I'd get the lower commission rate) I sent my burst defaults to fastclick and my fastclick defaults to valueclick.

Although if I were you I'd use fastclick as my primary provider since they have the best management software.

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another strategy for defaults is to serve your own banners or pop-unders that are for CPA affiliate programs that you may be involved in (and that are targeted to your audience). Hopefully you can still make a few bucks (or cents) from your defaults this way.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cursed Fastclick. I tried to get in with them a year or so ago, got rejected. Not that I wasnt expecting that.

However, when I recently tried to resubmit my site, I was told its already on the database.

Which basically means that no matter how big my site gets, I can never try for Fastclick again

Oh well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doodle if you think your site is good enough to get in then just send them an email, they are very responisive, tell them how your site has improved over the last year as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends upon your site though too, if your site is something they already have way too many of, they aren't going to be all that interested and big to you may not be big to you...