SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Google PR not improving

Hello Guys, i launched my website 4 months before and tremendous increase in the traffic and alexa ranking too. More than 200 pages listed in the google too...but my PR is 1 from first day and not improving at all.

Please tell me what I do?
    Last edited by stymiee; May 14, 2006 at 12:05.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Google's public PR only updates every few months so there is no way for you to see how your PR is doing. If you are acquiring links then your PR is increasing. You just can't see it and won't be able to see it until their next update sometime this summer.

Also, traffic and Alexa ratings don't affect PR. Only incomming (and outgoing) links do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am opening this thread again because my website PR don't improve from last 1 year and iwebtool prediction tool is showing that current PR is 5 and future is 7 with accuracy of 86.4% and backlinks 49000+

so, what can be the reason....?

btw, when i write xxx.com in prediction tool then get 0 backlinks and when write www.xxx.com then get 49000+ backlinks. Suggest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predication tools = Useless.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When a tool states that your Page Rank is 5 then what it means is that at some point in the preceding 6 months the actual PR was somewhere between 4.5 and 5.4999999. What the actual PR now is could be anything between 1 and 10. Predicting what the PR might be in the future can be no more accurate than the knowledge that the current PR is somewhere between 1 and 10. Only Larry Page knows what the true Rank is that he has currently assigned to any particular web content.

In addition the Rank Larry assigns is only one of thousands of factors that Larry's company takes into account when determining where your pages will appear in their search engine results.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predictions tools are worthless as others have already told you, One thing i want to add is that increasing your page rank from 5 to 7 requires exponentially more effort than the effort required to increase your pr from 3 to 5.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just keep working on site and getting links it will beging to improve over time

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i mentioned earlier that my site having 49000+ backlinks, then how much more i have to work on backlinks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashras99 View Post
    As i mentioned earlier that my site having 49000+ backlinks, then how much more i have to work on backlinks?
    1) PR has nothing to do with quantity. It has to do with quality.

2) Stop focusing on PR. To be so focused on it after almost 2 years is not a good sign that your priorities are correct.

3) The scale is algorithmic. Getting a higher PR gets tougher and tougher the higher you go and as more pages are added to their index.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Get Those Inbound Links

Since Google ranks your pages according to the number of links pointing at your page, it stands to reason that you should try to get as many links pointing at your pages as possible. This is so obvious that I'm only mentioning it for completeness sake.

2. Your Title Tag

Google seems to give weight to the title of your page. By title, I mean the text that is sandwiched between the HTML <TITLE> tags in the <HEAD> section of your web page. If you use a Web editor that automatically inserts a title like "New Page", remember to change it to some meaningful text with your keywords inside to reap the benefit of this feature.

3. Content-Laden Pages (Keyword Density)

It has often been observed that Google considers keyword density a large factor in ranking pages in search engine results, more so than many other search engines. You can read more about keyword density and how you can improve it on your pages from my other article, Improving Your Keyword Density for Search Engine Positioning.

4. Keyword-laden Links?

According to a paper published by one of Google's founders, if the links pointing to your page has the relevant keyword text in them, it will cause your page to be ranked higher in search engine results. For example, a link with the text "Cheap Shoe Store" pointing at your site will cause your site to be listed earlier if a visitor searches for "cheap shoe store" than if the link simply said "click here". You can find a copy of the paper online at The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by submitqueen.com View Post
    1. Get Those Inbound Links

Since Google ranks your pages according to the number of links pointing at your page, it stands to reason that you should try to get as many links pointing at your pages as possible. This is so obvious that I'm only mentioning it for completeness sake.

2. Your Title Tag

Google seems to give weight to the title of your page. By title, I mean the text that is sandwiched between the HTML <TITLE> tags in the <HEAD> section of your web page. If you use a Web editor that automatically inserts a title like "New Page", remember to change it to some meaningful text with your keywords inside to reap the benefit of this feature.

3. Content-Laden Pages (Keyword Density)

It has often been observed that Google considers keyword density a large factor in ranking pages in search engine results, more so than many other search engines. You can read more about keyword density and how you can improve it on your pages from my other article, Improving Your Keyword Density for Search Engine Positioning.

4. Keyword-laden Links?

According to a paper published by one of Google's founders, if the links pointing to your page has the relevant keyword text in them, it will cause your page to be ranked higher in search engine results. For example, a link with the text "Cheap Shoe Store" pointing at your site will cause your site to be listed earlier if a visitor searches for "cheap shoe store" than if the link simply said "click here". You can find a copy of the paper online at The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine.
    As far as PR is ocncerned only number matters. Content,page titles, and anchor text do not affect PR. It is only affected by links.