SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eSecureData.com - what's up with these prices?

I found this company www.eSecureData.com who has some incredible prices. I like the looks of the site etc. but would like to know if anyone has rented a server from them and what they are like. Thanks.
    Perez

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Perezd. I ordered a Centos 4.3 server from them last moth and was told my server would be ready within 10 days which I felt was quite slow given that some other companies give you 24 hour turnaround but given their price I took the chance. It took them around 7 days which is still slower than some but much better than the 10 they warned me of.

Overall I'm very satisfied especially considering price. Bandwidth has been good and support is prompt but email only. Remember that these guys are not handholders and they'll tell you to hire a consultant if you need anything other than basic support. Basic support requests like reboots and additional IPs were handled quickly however.

My assessment is that these guys are like Walmart, if you want someone slaving over you go somewhere else but if you want a decent server at a great price its an ok deal.
    Last edited by debianlinuxguy; May 12, 2006 at 17:35.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one of my former Web hosts said, if you know what you're doing 100% then it's not a bad choice. But if you're just learning how to administer a server, then you will want to look elsewhere or hire a consultant (unless you know a server administrator who can help you out in return for something of equal value--not necessarily cash, but bartering for a service that you can perform in return).