SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun In Earning Online?

Well, recently I have started to earn some decent revenue ($10/day average) from my one and only website: Ascendancy 9 Media. I derive a large amount of joy and satisfaction from watching my web statistics and Adsense account - you know what I mean.

I know that I could start another three or four websites and work on them in a similar way, and have no problems earning a $40 - $50/day income from Adsense. However, I am worried that I will lose interest if I have to manage that many websites at once. As a full time student, it would also be a concern if my websites started to starve me of sleep or homework time.

A great motivator for me is seeing the looks on my friends faces when I tell them that I make the same amount from my websites as they do from their part time jobs. However, my question is - should I persue this as a career or should I keep it as a hobby / bit of cash on the side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new found success! Great job. I also just started to make a little money on the web and it feels good.

As for your question, i dont know what you should do but i'll tell you what im going to do. i am going to continue working on my sites and as my sites become more profitable then i will cut back on my day job. i will do this til i feel that my web business is stable and developed enough to do only that full time. it doesnt have to be one or the other. it can be both.

eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    feel the same as you guys, but do not have a pleasure to enjoy Adsense stats coz got kicked out
    TaxForum.us Have questions about US tax law?
    SoccerLinks.org - submit your soccer link free

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busch
    Congrats on your new found success! Great job. I also just started to make a little money on the web and it feels good.

As for your question, i dont know what you should do but i'll tell you what im going to do. i am going to continue working on my sites and as my sites become more profitable then i will cut back on my day job. i will do this til i feel that my web business is stable and developed enough to do only that full time. it doesnt have to be one or the other. it can be both.

eric
    but eric problem with it is more you earn more you want !!
    So u will never be able to make web biz stable. Higher the income , more you will have to work to keep it that way or to increase, finally u end up speding your whole DAY/NIGHT for that...

Just sharing my experience, which might not be same for everyone.

Earning $0.20 per day till $60/day was tough for sure, but staying at $60/day has become tougher ....
    musicNmovies.com - Ultimate Bollywood Entertainment.
    Latest Bollywood Movies | Bollywood Infotainment | Short Movies
    TellyFever - Biggest Indian Television Portal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you should really think if its a good idea to start another website, because every web needs some time you must invest in it, and it will be hard without it to earn some revenue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make your web business as a part time work and give more focus on your academic studies and job.

Completely agree with following comments..

Quote Originally Posted by Monxx
    but eric problem with it is more you earn more you want !!
    So u will never be able to make web biz stable. Higher the income , more you will have to work to keep it that way or to increase, finally u end up speding your whole DAY/NIGHT for that...

Just sharing my experience, which might not be same for everyone.

Earning $0.20 per day till $60/day was tough for sure, but staying at $60/day has become tougher ....

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I suppose it depends on what your goals are. If you're not sure whether you want to do this as your career I would suggest that you maintain your college obligations as your priority. Your college degree, as well as how successful you are in college (GPA), can open many doors for you in the future. Don't risk that in order to make a few extra dollars per month with your web business. When you graduate you'll be competing with all the other recent college grads for jobs at the best companies, best paying jobs, or even spots in grad school if you decide to go that route (which can be very competitive as well). You could make a bunch of extra money while you're in college, but once you graduate your time spent working on the web intead of working on your course load could actually cost you more earnings in the long-run.

If you can make college your priority while at the same time expanding your web business, by all means do it.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did not mention, how much time do you spend for your studies and how much for income? Now, you are earning $10/day(Av.) and you want to increase it $40-$50..
    Then you have to create another 3-4 sites to reach your goal.That means your working hour will also increase by 3-4 times,sudy hour will decrease by same ratio.

I think, it is wise to concentrate on 1or 2 particular site and promote them to increase targetted website traffic.Link exchange is one of the best idea to promote your site.

with best regards,
    Liza

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've recently started earning around 12 dollars a day. It's quite great indeed!!

It's abit addicting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying hard since the launch of site last month but all these earnings seems to be a dream to me. Can anyone expert here guide me how it can be done in a short span of time.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaleel
    Can anyone expert here guide me how it can be done in a short span of time.
    Theres no such thing as get rich quick.. except if you run http://milliondollarhomepage.com/ .
    Rob.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That milliondollarhomepage was definately a sweet idea. He's going to need more though. One million dollars won't last long!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain1986
    Theres no such thing as get rich quick.. except if you run http://milliondollarhomepage.com/ .
    Oh no friend! That's not what I mean. I am not talking about get rich quick schemes. I am just talking about the small revenues other people in this forum are able to generate from their sites in 2 or 3 months.

And I am not that lucky to run a milliondollarhomepage site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendancy9
    Well, recently I have started to earn some decent revenue ($10/day average) from my one and only website: Ascendancy 9 Media. I derive a large amount of joy and satisfaction from watching my web statistics and Adsense account - you know what I mean.
    Site looks good, but one thing confuses me, in your title you mention web standards, and I saw some stuff about accessibility, but at the same time your site uses the least accessible CMS. Your layout code is completely non-semantic, and the tables that are used semantically, according to web standards, are coded very messy.

(these tables: http://www.ascendancy9.com/v1/content/category/1/1/2/ )

I like your content, but I think if you promote web standards you should follow them

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i think it is a matter of choice. If you enjoy working on the net, developing sites, etc, there is no reason to stop investing on this. Besides, maybe you should invest also in sites that don't need to update often.

But if you think that your studies and the future job that follow, is more interesting/profitable/will make you more happy, then you should just keep this one and only site for a part time job because it is very profitable. A part time job gives you much less money/hour than a clever, well developed site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you make easy money like I do online then it is quite fun.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website earning a bit addicting in nature. Moreover, you are a student, getting the easy income, you get amused. But remember, study is the foundation of your career, web earning can never be a substitute for the great income avenues waiting for you once you complete the college degree.

Concentrate on studies, be complacent with the spare time earning as now are getting. Don't make it a career, it will cost you much in future !!
    With best regards, Rajasree
    [URL=http://www.jobntradeinfinity.com]
    [URL=http://medical-transcription.jobntradeinfinity.com]
    http://www.mtcareersonline.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillman
    If you make easy money like I do online then it is quite fun.
    Please enlighten us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always hire a staff.
    http://schoolofgame.com

Free Advice To Help You Attract, Seduce, and Game Women

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan
    That milliondollarhomepage was definately a sweet idea. He's going to need more though. One million dollars won't last long!
    One million dollars could easily last a lifetime.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends where you live.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that you should let the studies and focus on your online business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not only you can discern for yourself whether this will be fun or not. We can't tell you to make it fun, or learn to make it fun. Personally, I like the entire aspect of making a site from writing the articles, looking at my metrics weekly and working to up all the good ratios (sales ratio, click ratio).

But only you can ask for yourself whether you want to make it a career or not.
    Zen of SEO ~ A Blog Offering Hardcore SEO advice ~

The Almighty Cleanse Colonix

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guk6kk
    Depends where you live.
    Depends on what you invest in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)