SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Flash Banners

I'm thinking of creating a site that sells flash banners that can be customized with the customers own input text. Basically the customer would be able to view the different examples and once he or she has made a descision they would enter there credit card information in order to download it. I would post a downloadable interactive flash tutorial on the site on how to customize the banner. They wouldn't need flash because the movie would display the text entered into a text file. I would offer a monthly newsletter with new banner releases. I would charge maybe 20.00 a banner. Probably would have a couple affilitae programs on my site as well. Basically I'm just curious what you guys think. Is this a good idea? Would you pay for a flash banner? Comments and Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks KRAZZY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya,

it sounds as a very good idea, actually!

But that could be because the picture in my head is so incredibly beautiful...

What I'm saying is: Your idea is nice, but then so are many others. The place to succeed is the way you work out the idea - this will decide the idea's success.

You have my visit for this one!

Greetz.
    That's all folks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it would be complex to set up, but definitely interesting concept if you can pull it off!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea

there are a lot of people out there who would like to incorperate flash into there pages but dont have flash or the skills to use it so a template banner would be a goo idea but there wouldnt be a huge market for it and i can definately say that the funds from the site would be farely limited in terms of profit

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Boost your search engine ranking, by increasing your link Popularity,
    Dynamically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know what your doing in flash it shouldn't even be that hard to pull off. Are you going to allow logo upload customazation? Working with generator at all? What kind of power are you going to give?

Who is your target market?

How Much Money?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More!

i think that it would also be worth whuile of you have the time to offer a fee charging customization by hand as computer scripts cannot make the desision of if the graphics look good or not. this could also be an addon service to the site. it would take very little time for you to do as you would already have the templates and the customer would supply the graphics and the text through a form.

Matthew Taylor
    AutomatedLinks.com
    Boost your search engine ranking, by increasing your link Popularity,
    Dynamically.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you tried these guys here

have you tried these guys here: http://www.flashblaster.com/ ?? if you find someone that will develop such a product for you I will also be interested!!