User Tag List

Thread: help!!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question help!!!

I have a client that is a termite inspector. He is out in the field all day doing inspections, and then he converts the reports to PDF files, uploads them to his server, where realtors can then search for them on his website. This is obviously a very tedious and time consuming task to do on a daily basis. He is wanting a way to be able to fill out the inspection directly on his pocket pc with a PDF form. From there he wants to be able to automatically upload it to the correct directory on his hosting space. He does around 10 inspections a day and this would save him a ton of time, but i have absolutely no idea where to begin!!

Any help would be greatly appeciated!! Would I just create an editable PDF form, and have some sort of script to go along with it? Obviously I do not know what I am talking about! Please help!!!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you would basically creat a basic html form which would let him choose the pdf file to upload. your php script would receive the form submission, and save the pdf to the correct directory.

look at this, its pretty basic what you need to do.
    http://us2.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

but if you dont know php at all, and arent willing/have time to learn, i suggest the looking to hire forum.