SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Al Gore question...

Since there was a posting about how well Bush is doing and I don't see another posting about Al Gore, I'm sort of curious...

In the wake of this tragedy, how do you think that Al Gore would handle this? We all saw how he took his loss to Bush, he gained 23 pounds! His head already looked huge and plastic like, now it's freakin massive with gigantic neck sacs...

Anyway, do you think that he could handled this tragedy in as call and prestigious of a manner as Bush? Do you think that we would have retaliated as quickly? or even at all?

Personally, I believe that Al Gore under the situations, would have just bombed them, hoped that everyone was killed, and leave it alone, just like Clinton did time and time again. Clinton killed more Americans in senseless combat than any other president that I can think of. As an American, and a military dependant, it angers me, that Clinton allowed Ranger forces to go into Somalia and get their butts kicked because they didn't have any air support, no ground support, and weren't fully supplied for their mission, even though they knew they were going up against something really big... He turned his back on the people he was sworn to serve... I think Gore would have done the same thing... He would have sent in forces, let them get killed, pulled out, and then history would have repeat itself time and time again because terrorists would believe that they could get away with these sorts of things...

What do you guys think?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a possibility, I'm not really sure. I think that when times call for greatness, people rise to the occasion. We've all witnessed this first-hand the last month and a half.

Another question for any military buffs, what's the difference between Republican and Democrat combat? What I mean is, if the president is Democrat, how does combat differ from when the president is Republican?

I'm pretty young so I don't really remember Somalia, Haiti, or even Kosavo. But I do remember the Gulf.

I remember a while back there was a post here at SPF about how Republicans are always the ones sending us to war. I quickly glanced over a war timeline, that's not true at all.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank God everyday that Bush is our pres, and not Gore. That idiot would have screwed it up royally just like Clinton would have done.

Your right RKuhle. Not all wars have been fought by Republicans. Although I am not quite sure what it is about war that Democrats don't like.

Clinton did his best to cut the military, but over use them all over the world. To avoid war, he just bombed. And when that didn't work, he sent in troops on a BS "peace keeping" mission. Why he felt the need to sugar coat this, I don't know. I think Gore would have done something similar

We should not be afraid to use our military might. Gore is just a Clinton lacky. He would have just bombed them, then pulled out, with barely a slap on the wrist for the terrorists.

Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe the man who invented the Internet would have suprised us all *smirk*
    --There's my 1.5 cents, now where is my change!?!?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Internet war perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between Republicans and Democrats with war, is that Democrats are generally born into wealth and are bred politicians, everything they do requires "approval" of their peers. Republicans don't really give a damn what people think about them, as long as they appease their own ideals. They take action much much faster and are more willing to accept losses, if it means accomplishing objectives. They also believe that a strong contries relies on a strong military, so they support it heavily and military spending always increases when a republican is in office. Clinton closed down dozens of prominent military bases, which caused a huge economic crisis in the communities they occupied, because the military presense, gives them a huge upperhand economically.

Democrats are like virgins, they sort of poke around, not sure exactly how they want to go in... so they just hover around it and bomb the hell out of it, but they never actually enter it and they end up fleeing early accomplishing nothing.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the virgin analogy. Personally, I'm big on special op's, snipers, seals, and marines. These men and women are the best of the best, why not let them do what they've been trained to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our special ops teams are just amazing. I had an opportunity to go to a special op academy for youth a long time ago and I remember, that was some wicked ****, just for middle school age children. I learned how to shoot a gun straight out of my holster with about a 95% accuracy though. That could always come in handy if I ever decide to become a druglord... or to start pimpin hoes... hehehe

I also remember the insane physical stuff they wanted us to do... such as running up and down these stair like things made of clay with 100 pound packs on our backs... 100 pounds of pack, is a whole lot of weight for a middle school child... I was dying... Then I remember crawling through mud and all that fun stuff too...

We also did a covert mission, where we had to rescue this family that was taken hostage by some crazed guerrillan rebels, which didn't want to be taken hostage... We had to basicaly shoot these guys in between the eyes... they were wearing masks... or hit them in the hand with our paintball guns. This was to either kill them or disable their weapon. If we took out the weapon, we had to have a large person to storm them so that they didn't have time to react and find another weapon or somehow hurt the innocent victim. I remember being the person that was rushing and I got shot in the back of the head by my instructor, because he wanted to show us that there could always be someone else to worry about on top of a building or somewhere we didn't expect them to come from. Basically, the point of that was to show that we need to secure our perimeter and we need adequate cover from all directions...

Pretty cool stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I LOVE the virgin analagy

I do disagree with your statement about how Democrats are born into money. Its usually the Republicans who are more wealthy. However, I agree with your statement about how Democrats are bread to be politicians. Very very true.

I also love the Rangers, Seals, Marine Recon, Delta Force and anyone else I missed

To see what I mean, check this thread out

http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=37537

God bless the Rangers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that I should say that the majority of Democratic policians are born into money. The republicans are also generally very wealthy, however... a lot of them are also brought up with a working class sort of attitude. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. It's more or less a "I live on the ranch, better feed the chickens" kind of attitude, whereas with the democrats, it's always been, "I am going to stay at a ranch this weekend, I'm going to pay a lot, but it's okay, because I am covered for travel expenses by my great Uncle Sam... wonder if they have any stippers... alcohol... oooh drugs... a war? I don't want to be part of that... I'm going to Mexico".

Clinton shouldn't have ever been President... most people don't realize that he was a draft dodger! How the hell did we let the person that is the commander and chief of the United States Armed Forces, be a draft dodger? That just goes to show that we really don't think about those people that do support our freedom everyday. I come from a military upbring and the fact that a draft dodger became president, just seems to show that Americans really don't give a damn who they put into the Presidency, just as long as he talks really smooth, with a strange accent, and has sex with fat women, so that the ugly american women can feel better about themselves, because they are more attractive than those fat women, so now they feel more appealing because the President, screwed a fat chick that's uglier than themm... Make any sense? It does to me... even reading through it a few times... it still does... and that's usually have the battle... not confusing myself..

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are great! But hey Jigga, simmer down about Clinton and his choice of women.

About draft dodgers, although Quayle was just a VP, he too was a draft dodger.

Not to get into a party war here, but I know what you're talking about. Most of the Democrats in office were born into money, yet claim to represent the working middle-class. Yeh right.

Most of the Republicans in office were also born into money, but they handle it completely differently, conservatively, imagine that? Although they always had money, they know how to make more of it quite easily. They don't like to waste it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, democrats generally create more taxes through more government spending and more government control. Examples include social programs such as Medicare, which is totally pointless anyway and we should do away with it and have a system setup more like welfare... but then again, get rid of welfare too, in Michigan, we have workfare... if you don't have a job, then the state will make a job for you... It's a great program and keeps people from collecting and just living off of that so that they don't have to work.

Sorry about the fat women... I'm insensitive like that.

Wait, I have a fat joke... it's clean too... imagine that one..

Why doesn't the grass in Michigan ever turn as green as the grass in other states?

A: If you had so many overweight people in your state, with such a high population, do you think that the sun would ever hit the ground?

Sorry... Michigan is the most overweight state in the country by a long margin. For every 3 cheeseburgers you other states eat, we can eat 20. We also have more Coney Islands in Michigan than in any other state as well.. there was actually a study about it in the Detroit Free Press, saying that we have the largest fast food growth in the country, but we don't have the highest population increase...

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Workfare? Not a bad idea. I think Medicare and Welfare were created with good intent, but they've drifted. They need work and revisions. But they do truly benefit some people who really need it.

That's for a different thread...

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a conservative, CHRISTIAN Republican, I need to diasagree with the D v R combat analysis. Frankly, I don't think it makes a difference if you're a democrat or a republican. The question is do you have the spine to do what your convictions are and not necessarily what is the most popular thing (In this case, the most popular thing is what the convictions are).

The thing that made Clinton a bad example of a "war" president was not that he was a democrat. It was because he was a politician. The minute you start to fight a battle based on politics is the minute you get another Vietnam. Also the ability to make difficult decisions in the face of alot of opposition. Ironically enough, I find myself more willing to follow democrat Senate majority leader Tom Daschle than Republican House Speaker Dennis Hastert. Daschle has shown more of an ability to lead and confront the popular opinion in the fiasco of Senate-House closings in theis Anthrax business.

Back to what I was saying...Clinton was a poor leader, not because he was a democrat, but because he was too concerned about the opinion of everyone else....the American people and the international community. Don't get me wrong, the international community is needed, as we see right now, but Clinto wasn't a gamer in this area. He just capitulated to the UN instead of being assertive like Bush is...

Bottom line, when Gore's staunchest supporters are whispering thanks to God that he isn't President right now...that must say something http://www.msnbc.com/news/637532.asp

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree with you more.. Clinton definitely was a kiss-***. He was worried so much about what everyone thought about him, that he made the dumbest military blunders ever... Like bombing just to take some of the heat off of his sex life... Strange coincidence, isn't it? If I was him, I would have been bragging about the BJ... if it was a Republican... well, if it was a Republican it wouldn't have happened, because they are a little too damn religious generally... not that there's anything wrong with being religious...

And what can be said about Bush's backup team? Rice? Powell? Thurgood? My god! That's an awesome backup he has... There's no way you can mess up with a team like that behind you.. Who did Clinton have? Vernon Jordan? hehehe... Vernon Jordan was like a black Kato, he was just chillin there on the couch while the cigars were flying.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jigga
    If I was him, I would have been bragging about the BJ... if it was a Republican... well, if it was a Republican it wouldn't have happened, because they are a little too damn religious generally... not that there's anything wrong with being religious...
    Newt was a Republican and he got caught... I don't think the religious aspect really has much to do with it. It's more of an ideology thing. Republicans are conservative, hence they don't do "liberal" things, such as sleeping around. Even though we all know some of them do anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally Republican and I would... but then again, I have no morales... so... nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I think I'm more democrat, when I think about it, because I'm pretty radical, I want constant change, and don't like to be quite so conservative, but I think that democrats are moronic in their political dealings and kiss *** a little too much for my own taste. I am an extremist Republican... but don't worry, I'm afraid of planes... so I won't be doing any of that..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sketch
    Frankly, I don't think it makes a difference if you're a democrat or a republican. The question is do you have the spine to do what your convictions are and not necessarily what is the most popular thing
    I couldn't agree with you more. Although sometimes it seems like those two types of people you describe, fall on either side of party lines.

Spine = Repub
    Popular thing = Demo

*shrug* Not always the case, but seems like it more often than not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I remember you guys that it's still not sure that Bush was elected legally. Yet you are bringing Clinton down, Al Gore down.

How would you think if I would say this "if there ever would be a robber in your house you would scream like a girl". Is that fair?

And anothe rthing, wans't it Bill Clinton who brought you the huge economic advancements? And what is the economy doing now, with Bush as president? Economics is the BASIC of every world power. No economics, no power. Look at Russia....

Al Gore hasn't even done anything wrong, and you're putting him down. Get a life.

Sorry, but I can't stand this kind of society, where war is normal and guessing is a national sport.

Nothin' personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I remember you guys that it's still not sure that Bush was elected legally. Yet you are bringing Clinton down, Al Gore down.
    May I invite you, Mr. Belgian citizen, to read the United States Constitution for legal issues. Legally, a president is elected by an electoral college not a popular vote. Now if you want to argue principle, I still don't agree with you but at least you have a basis to argue. Secondly, what the US Supreme Court says IS law until challenged by the Legislature, so when they ruled no recounts, unless Congress steps in and passes a law stating otherwise THAT is law like it or not. I don't much like 1963 Roe v. Wade legalizing abortion, but the Supreme Court made a ruling...it's law!
    How would you think if I would say this "if there ever would be a robber in your house you would scream like a girl". Is that fair?
    apples and oranges...
    And anothe rthing, wans't it Bill Clinton who brought you the huge economic advancements? And what is the economy doing now, with Bush as president? Economics is the BASIC of every world power. No economics, no power. Look at Russia....
    Clinton would like to take credit. He had very littel to dow ith it. Name one thing that he did that accelerated the economy...and don't blame economic downturn on Bush. He wasn't even in power last summer when it started turning south---FACT. Check it out!
    Al Gore hasn't even done anything wrong, and you're putting him down. Get a life.
    Nobody put him down, but based on the public speeches he has made since Sept. 11, confidence has not been instilled in me. Again, you wouldn't know this since you don't know American news.
    Sorry, but I can't stand this kind of society, where war is normal and guessing is a national sport.
    It's called Freedom of Speech and Press. It's a first amendment right given to Americans under the US Constitution. We have a right to question. We have a right to protest. We have a right to disagree. We have a right to agree. And you know what, that's what has made America great....and in turn the rest of the free world...including Belgium. If you want to be Socialist, move to Cuba....and another thing, war is NOT normal for us, but as in the history of anything, sometimes it's necessary.

Sketch

Nothin' personal.
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The economy operates independantly of the president. It goes up and down. Its just the way it is. During the 90's we saw the explosion of the internet, and the starup of all the dot coms. That would have happened no matter who was pres.

Next, the dot coms sank (under Clinton) and now we are in a recession, as the stock prices were overvalued and inflated. The economy will pick up and we will resume our strong economy, all without Presidential intervention

And whats this about Bush not being elected legally? No, I'm sorry, thats incorrect. He won the election 3 times LEGALLY.

Talk to Gore about Illegal election practices. It is illegal in the state of Florida to recount votes by hand, unless a natural disaster destroys the machines whichs counts them.

blah blah blah, the election is over, time to come to terms with who our President is. George W Bush.

Where did the screaming girl analogy come from? I don't think I understand, could you rephrase the question please?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cj,

Approximately 500,000 more Americans voted for Al Gore than George Bush, myself included. Because Bush got the most electorial votes, he legally, though not with some strong protest, won the election.

I also happen to believe that Bill Clinton was a supurb President. Had he not made the stupid mistake of thinking he could have an affair while in office, and not get caught, his legacy would have been different. That still didn't change my mind about his being a good President.

You see we are somewhat on the same wave length here, but I must take issue with this statement"

Quote: "Sorry, but I can't stand this kind of society, where war is normal and guessing is a national sport."

The US is NOT a society where war is normal. Normal, after the events of September 11, is no longer possible. Guessing is a national sport? What on earth did that statement mean? Anyone will tell you it's baseball.

Finally, don't you think that it is a bit unfair to say that you "can't stand" American society. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, somehow I knew you would rip my words apart. Anyway you people think you live in a free country. You like to think that.

But you know what, I wouldn't want to get in to this further because you think I, as a Belgian, as a european citizen, do not know anything about America. For a fact I have seen 4 months of American history in school, like any other Belgium student has. I watch CNN regulary, just to see the american's point of view.

But you probably guess Belgium is some kind of dictator state. Well it's not, in fact Belgium is probably one of the most free countries there is, as a Belgian citizen. You can walk here in the big cities, overnight, on the streets, alone and you don't have to worry to be robbed or shot. Crime rates are the lowest in the world, and yet we are in the heart of Europe. But this is not about Belgium. You visit Belgium for 1 week, you'll see how great it is here, except for the weather.

I'll visit the US, with certainty. But I can honestly say I know stuff about America, I talk with americans daily, I watch CNN sometimes, I visit american websites. Do you even know where Belgium is abouts? Do you know what language we speak here? ha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone will tell you it's baseball.
    ...or football

Allie, my dear. Thank you for taking a respectful opposing view. It's all in the tone.

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying I can't stand American society. There isn't even something as an American society, cuz I'm sure it's quite different in California than it's in New York.

Society can also be viewed as something more broad. At the moment I'm fed up with society, in teh western world. But this doesn't mean I support terrorists. Yous ee, I'm not black and white. I think colourful.