SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User input voting script?

Has any one seen a PHP voting script that would allow a user to type in there own vote line? Then the db brings up any one of the vote lines that match. I also want to verify the voter by email confirmation, so to do a flood vote You will need an email for each vote plus have to answer the email for each vote.

The constitution at my site says:
    1. Never will anyone be required to have or to carry or to bear on their person any type of Identification of any kind. May We All. Forever Be Free.

So at the Grand Father zeda, i am trying not to have people sign up for a user account.

Communication i find is a most difficult thing. Maybe none of this makes since.
    ed@marketstone.com

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PHP voting script

Hi randYPoole, welcome to the forums,
    Devarticles has an online sample chapter from O'Reilly's "PHP Pocket Reference". http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/PHP/S...ket-Reference/ The second example is a voting script. Once you get that working, it should be easy enough to modify it for your needs.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You, Mr. Mittineage
    For the welcome & reference i had never been to devarticles. with php i have done phpinfo, and hello world. so it will help.

i all most took one of Your Forest photos for my desk top but i thought it would be un-Honorable after Your Help.

We have forest like that in Oregon.

Thanks again,
    randY

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

php - photo

The sample chapter of the book that I linked to was the first PHP book I bought (a few years ago) The intro chapter covers the basics pretty well and the 2 sample scripts give a taste of what can be done with PHP, even though the book is outdated now.
    Off Topic:

I don't think it's dishonorable to use someone elses image for your desktop, the problem comes when they're used to make money or when the copier takes credit for it as their own. Or when they're hot-linked and steal bandwidth. Feel free to use any of them for your desktop if you like.