SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Dual Database Query

I have a content management system which displays dynamic URL's on the home page (mysite) and the home pages of several sections (mysite/About, mysite/Reference, etc.). One problem is that the sectional home pages themselves aren't accounted for. For example, mysite/About/Search works (because Search matches a value in my database). But mysite/About is in limbo.

So I think one solution is to link the sectional home pages themselves with my home page CMS. The home page currently displays the names of places...

mysite/Arizona
    mysite/Africa, etc.

It uses the following query:

PHP Code:
    $Geog mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT GG.IDArea, GG.Name GName, GG.Type,
     GG.IDParent, GG.Parent, GG.IDReg, GG.Pre, GG.Post, GGP.IDArea, GGP.IDParent2, NN.IDArea, NN.GNick
     FROM gw_geog GG
     LEFT JOIN g_nicknames NN ON NN.IDArea = GG.IDArea
     LEFT JOIN gw_geog_par2 GGP ON GGP.IDArea = GG.IDArea
     WHERE GG.Name LIKE '
    $MyName'")); 
    So I created a second table (g_home) that lists the names of the various sections, such as About and Reference. Now I need to write a script that combines my original query with a query that recognizes section names (e.g. mysite/Reference).

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I tried the following, without success:

PHP Code:
    $Geog mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT GG.IDArea, GG.Name GName, GG.Type,
     GG.IDParent, GG.Parent, GG.IDReg, GG.Pre, GG.Post, GGP.IDArea, GGP.IDParent2, NN.IDArea, NN.GNick
     FROM gw_geog GG
     LEFT JOIN g_nicknames NN ON NN.IDArea = GG.IDArea
     LEFT JOIN gw_geog_par2 GGP ON GGP.IDArea = GG.IDArea
     WHERE GG.Name LIKE '
    $MyName'
     OR SELECT URL FROM g_home GH
     WHERE GH.URL LIKE '
    $MyName'")); 
    Thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to join this table to the others as well. You can't just throw a new table in after the WHERE clause of the query, doesn't work like that. The MySQL forum is more appropriate if you need someone to write it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.