SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternative Payment Methods

I have been doing some research trying to find an alternative payment system for accepting payments online.

I was looking for something that involves the phone or mobile phone. Where people would be charged to there home phone or cell phone bill.

I checked the post at the top that has a good list of them but to be honest I am not sure which ones pertain to me. Does anyone know of such a provider and the costs to have such a service.

If you do know of some, in your own opinion which ones have you heard good feedback about or have good experiences with.

Thank you in advance for any feedback or advice.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PayPal will be releasing a payments-by-cell-phone service in the not distant future.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have already released something like that now. Basically you must be a paypal user and have a credit card to buy stuff with your mobile phone.

Does anyone know of company(s) that offer this service now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only other services I've used besides Paypal and trusted were 2Checkout and Authorize.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2Checkout is best left as a last resort for people that can't get a PayPal account or a real merchant account. Search other message boards as bit and you'll find they have a reputation for random nonpayment, payment delays, reversing legitimate transactions without notice, calling your existing customers without reason...

Authorize.net is not a payment method, it's just a gateway and you need a merchant account to use it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ive known about most of these. Heres the problem I have.

The majority of my users are not of the age where they have credit cards. Paying via phone or mobile phone they could get permission and do so that way. All my users claim they cant support the game because there parents wont let them use there credit card (paranoia of the web) and they have no alternative way to pay.

Can you suggest some other form of payment besides phone and credit card?

If not does anyone know of any payment places that accept from the phone or other ways not dealing with people over the age of 18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using e-gold for years now. Generally this is my preference since paypal totally sucks. Its nice on good days when your balance increases when nobody paid you. Gotta love the fluctuating value of gold!