SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow a SMART (1-2 page)checkout experience...

Still looking for the right eCom solution...(arggg!) Every time I think I have found one, I find something is missing.

My questions:

--Can you show me examples of any eCom software with quick checkout pages? (seen at Volusion.com)

--What is your "perfect" cart and have you found (or created) it yet?

My perfect eCom solution would have:

1.QUICK CHECKOUT: The days of 3-4 page checkouts are long gone, they are proven to be annoying to shoppers and the cause of much cart abandonment.

1A. USER ADDRESS AUTO-HIDE: Here is a feature that I like which is very hard to find...on the checkout page, when filling out personal info, the user can check a box saying "use this address for my shipping" and then that whole section of the form is HIDDEN---best to see it in action here: http://demo.cs-cart.com/ (put something in your cart and try it out)

2. SEO EVERYTHING: the urls, tags, etc.

3. Clean, easy to customize open source code/ PHP (I am not a programmer so I must send my work out to be tweaked to my liking)

4. A CSS, table-less layout included as the default template

5. FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL integration standard

6. Import/Export from Excel/Quickbooks standard

7. A friendly user forum with knowledgeable developers to help with the inevitable software glitches

8. Cost, under $500, could even be a higher price if I was allowed to purchase additional licenses for a lesser fee later.

What’s your “perfect” cart??

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything with a quick checkout process like that, I write my own carts. Hiding the address inputs upon checking a box (or showing it on unchecking) is literally a single line of JavaScript code... nothing to base your decision around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiding the address inputs upon checking a box (or showing it on unchecking) is literally a single line of JavaScript code... nothing to base your decision around.
    I never said that was my deciding factor, I just thought it was an intuitive, smart interface design and I am surprised it isn't used more often.

Since you build your own carts, do you have an example of one that you feel meets my criteria above?

Or any other cart suggestions? Helpful info. is greatly appreciated...thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of my sites have checkout processes that are only two pages from clicking "checkout" in the cart to seeing "thank you" after payment. But that doesn't help you.

Before I wrote those carts, I was using osCommerce, which did the job. One of the reasons I eventually got rid of it and wrote my own was to make the process shorter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan--So if I started with an open source eCom (PHP) solution, I am assuming that an experienced programmer would be able to adapt the checkout process to my liking??

I am considering:
    www.shop-script.com
    www.cs-cart.com

I also like cube-cart because of it's CSS format, but I heard it was buggy...

Any tips?