SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

revecom.com can charge in Canadian currency!

(This is a continuation of several threads in various forums..)

To all that are interested, I received a response to my question from revecom.com about whether they can charge in Canadian currency. (ie: The customer sees the price on your site in CAN and the credit card is billed in CAN.)

The response came about 24 hours after the email was sent.. and the answer is YES. Although I haven't been able to find Canadian pricing details (setup fees, per transaction charges, etc..) on their website, Mark Lachance (Vice President - Sales) informs me that it is possible.

So.. I signed up for an account with them, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change from US charge to Canadian. I just submitted a message to their helpdesk (accessed via the secure merchant area) asking how I do it. I'll post the response here when I get it.

Cheers,
    Henri Straforelli
    Last edited by hstraf; Oct 17, 2001 at 15:29.
    - A simple online WYSIWYG editor for HTML code snippets.
    - Managed Web Hosting - $3.95/month (resellers welcome)
    - Why pay more? $8.95 domains & $9.95 SSL certificates!

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, everything looks great! I talked with revecom.com and got it all sorted out, no problem. Here's a summary of what I found out.

How to get a CANADIAN account with revecom.com:

(1) Sign up using the regular process on their website. Fill in the forms, fax them in, pay the setup fee, etc..
    (2) After your account is created, you need to call their customer service office. (The number is on the left corner of every screen in the control panel area.) Go through the automated system and get a technical support person. (Ask for "Jeremy" if you can.. he was very helpful.)
    (3) Tell the tech person you want to modify your account to charge in Canadian funds, instead of US. (Although I didn't ask.. they might have the ability to charge in other currencies, too.)
    (4) That's it. The tech person will make the change, and from then on you will see the "Can" text next to all your price listings for your products. (The area where your customers see the price, not in the control panel..)

Here is what to do if you want to sell in both US *and* Canadian prices:

Just create *two* revecom accounts. The tech guy said they would create the second account for free. Just go through the usual signup process, then phone them with your second company number and they'll waive the setup fee. (The drawback is that the second account is a completely separate account, with it's own reporting, login, etc..) The second account must have a unique name, so I suggest you add the country to whatever name you are using.

For example:
    revecom.com account #1: My Company Name Consulting Canada (would charge in Canadian currency)
    revecom.com account #2: My Company Name Consulting US (would charge in US currency)

Some other thoughts:

(1) At this time, revecom only has the ability to transfer money (ie: pay you) directly into an *American* account. If you change your account to Canadian currency, then they can either send you a cheque (free) or wire transfer (costs money). This preference is configured via the control panel area. (Main Menu | Account Management | Merchant Settlement)

(2) The tech person I spoke with informed me that they are at the end of their testing phase, and will soon have the ability to offer direct transfers to *Canadian* banks. (He estimated about 2 weeks to 1 month before they have this ability.) For now, just choose to have them send you cheques, since it is a free service.

What I think:

Overall, I can honestly say that I am impressed with revecom.com. From the first moment I signed up for their demo account (and saw how professional and easy to use the system was for adding and managing products), to the moment I hung up the phone and verified that the tech person actually *did* know what he was doing.. I have been impressed. Did I mention that they responded promptly to all my emails, and I was able to get through to a tech person in only 1 minute at 5:00pmEST? ( I didn't have to wait on hold!! YA!) Also, after 28 days the charge on your customer's statements will say "Your Company Name by PaySystems.com".

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I really am excited about this. I've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks looking through the forums, talking to other business owners, and doing my due diligence.
    If you are interested in a 3rd party credit card solution, especially if you want to charge in CANADIAN currency, I think revecom.com is the best way to go.

Lastly.. the tech person I spoke with had a reply to the various folks who have had problems with revecom.. (I mentioned some of the issues brought up in the forums here..)

His answer was pretty simple: "Why didn't they call me?!"

Cheers,

Henri Straforelli
    Last edited by hstraf; Oct 17, 2001 at 15:17.
    - A simple online WYSIWYG editor for HTML code snippets.
    - Managed Web Hosting - $3.95/month (resellers welcome)
    - Why pay more? $8.95 domains & $9.95 SSL certificates!