SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check compatibility with browsers I do not have?

Hi,

I recently did a forum customization for a client. I do this alot and have never had a problem before. But, my latest client says that in Netscape 4.75 the page is all messed up. Now, I test all my sites in Netscape and IE. But only the versions I have. Netscape 6, and IE 5.

Now he wants me to fix this for 4.75, but how? I do not have 4.75 to see the problems, and the code that is being generated by Netscape in that version.

So, how do others do it? Test their code for a version of a browser they dont have? Also, the html appears clean. I didnt use Frontpage or anything. Its pure clean code. I cant even figure out why it would mess up in N 4.75.

Any help would be appreciated. I would post the link, but it is a private adult forum.
    ravio.com
    Email: corey@ravio.com

.net install meltdown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you download a copy of NN4 for testing?

I've got NN4 at home send me a pm & I'll look at it for you. Don't worry, I've seen adult content b4. *he*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the problem is that he can do that for me. But its a pain to troubleshoot and have to go to someone else everytime I change something to see what they see, etc. Can you download old versions of netscape? If so where from? I went to download section at netscape.com and only shows me 6.1.

Thanks
    ravio.com
    Email: corey@ravio.com

.net install meltdown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use Netscape's download page -- they keep all of their older software archived so everyone can download them (unlike Microsoft -- which makes it much, much harder to test in older versions of Internet Explorer).

Here's the Netscape Download page too:
    http://home.netscape.com/download/ar...html?cp=dowarc

EDIT: Isotope; thanks for that link. I've never even heard of a browser depository like that. I'll bookmark it incase I have an urge to download cello or something.
    Last edited by Aes; Oct 16, 2001 at 19:01.
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.