SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WebTrendsLive - redesign

WebTrendsLive just redesigned their statistics system. I needed to place a new button on my site, and they changed around the look of their site.

They claim it's to make more statistics and reports available to you, but now they are limiting the reports available in the Personal (free) version of the service even more than ever.

There are more reports, but many of the reports which I once had access to are now reserved for the paid versions of the service.

If you have some suggestions on a great web-based statistics system (similar to WebTrendsLive) which is free, please post it.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remotely hosted:
    www.thecounter.com
    www.hitbox.com

server hosted:
    www.perlonline.com (Advanced Logger)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thecounter.com have gone to a pay version now and you only get very basic stats for free now.

I think the best thing to do these day is to install your own system such as webalizer.

affordable website design

:: sydney australia ::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What reports have they taken from the free service I was looking before but did not see any that was missing.

You said you had to change over oyur code was this for the free version? I have not changed over any of my code yet as I did not know I had to, Did you get told to do this via email?

Guess its time to go and give the new site a once over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went for another look and I seen that I did have to change over the code I just love the way they tell me important info in pop ups.

I still did not see any services that where available before gone from the free version, But I hardly used many of the statistics anyway.

Overall I am happy with the new design thought it allows much easier access to reports, especially for the users like me that have a few sites with them, I am happy with them anyway I still think they are the best free tracking service, But I read a rumor somwhere that they where getting rid of the free version I don't know how much truth there is behind that.

Not a post-script error?!! guysmy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#&@*# the counter

Used the counter for a bit. I think it looks amatuerish now. Do you see a counter on www.sony.com ?

www.Stats4all.com is a great free service! (remote)

Now the big question...why do I bother promoting them all the time in the forums??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has mentioned my favorite, by far, SiteMeter. I've used pretty much all the major players, and SiteMeter has remained my favorite. It is reliable, non-intrusive on the site, and free!

A good one if you want to install it yourself with no ads is http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use http://www.counted.com/
    Not many people use them, but I have no complaints, lots of stats and I've yet to see it go down.

I see what you mean about losing a lot of the info, looks like I'll be switching my other site to counted as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mjames
    No one has mentioned my favorite, by far, SiteMeter. I've used pretty much all the major players, and SiteMeter has remained my favorite. It is reliable, non-intrusive on the site, and free!

A good one if you want to install it yourself with no ads is http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs .
    yer sitemeter is cool I used them for a long time and since I have not commited myself to either webtrendlive yet or site meter I don't know which I will use.

I have always been happy with sitemeter thought just somtimes they had alot of downtime.