Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    What are your thoughts on it so far?
    been too busy with other things here to do much with it so far. But I'll give them this, it does look really nice.

One of the first things that I noticed was, that on creating the first profile (my own), and adding a picture......above the thumbnail and also on the bigger version of the pic, the 'phpizabi' text appears. I don't know how/if that can be turned off. But I don't want that promotional text to be on my site, above each thumbnail and profile page pics.

There are a lot of little add-ons for the script over at their site. But there are s omany, and it is confusing. And tho each add-on piece of code is relatively cheap, there are so many of them. I think it may end up being expensive.

I will look more at my test site this week.

Kat, have you had a look at skadate? Apart from the very high price (and lack of friendly url's produced), that looks to be an awesome script. I'd be keen to hear what others (who are far more knowledgable than me) think about skadate.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the first things that I noticed was, that on creating the first profile (my own), and adding a picture......above the thumbnail and also on the bigger version of the pic, the 'phpizabi' text appears. I don't know how/if that can be turned off.
    You can change phpizabi to your text from admin panel. We are using phpizabi at THIS site and i'm preety sure you just need to update the file cache and change the text in the admin panel and you 'izabi' wil be replaced by your site name.

Although, there isnt much that you can do with Izabi, they need to integrate more features.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, milliondollars, for that advice. If I used the script professionally, I think I'd leave that text area blank.

Yes, i agree with you, there is a dire shortage of features with their script. It looks beautiiful imho, but beyond that, one needs to go out and integrate (ie buy) a lot of features into that basic offering.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been down the buddy zone road and ill NEVER do it again.
    the product is not working without major work. once you get roped into support you simply can no t get the author to help.
    he is helpful just long enough to get your money then he simply stops taking your calls. as far as i am concerned he take NO pride in his Work.

we spent countless hours on this script and threw money at it and still it is worthless.
    we would have to rebuild it from the ground up to make it worth a crap .
    NEVER AGAIN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    have you had a look at skadate? Apart from the very high price (and lack of friendly url's produced), that looks to be an awesome script. I'd be keen to hear what others (who are far more knowledgable than me) think about skadate.
    Hello, my name is Irene. I represent SkaDate company. I'd like to let you know that currently SkaDate dating script with even more features and access to the source code is available at the price of $350.

You can also enable friendly URLs on the site easily by just clicking a button in the Admin Panel (take a minute to check our Admin Panel Demo).

If you have additional questions about SkaDate community software - PM me, or talk to the operators 24/7 at our official website.