SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LiteCommerce 2.1 - memory issues?

I'm trying to evaluate LiteCommerce 2.1 (30 day demo) & had memory issues that caused my host to suspend my account.

Since I have not purchased the software - I don't have access to their forums, so I don't know if this is a known issue with a workaround. So - anyone's experience with this could be helpful. (I've also submitted this to LiteCommerce)

I installed the 30 day free trial earlier this week with no errors, but then would periodically get "allowed memory exhausted" type errors. LiteCommerce advised that the server had "memory leak" problems. (my Host appears to meet all their sw requirements for php, mysql, etc.)

Initially, my host said they could see what was wrong & fixed it - but I don't have any information about what the problem was. (Speculation is they increased my memory allocation. LiteCommerce said their software normally uses 4mb of RAM and my errors indicated >16mb was being used.)

I worked with the demo another day or so - and now my account has been suspended for "causing apache to fail and hang".

My host's response: "If you were to use another cart software, we MAY allow you to continue hosting the domain on the server."

They are apparently convinced LiteCommerce should not be used on their servers. My host recommend using another cart and LiteCommerce recommends I use one of their hosting partners.

The apache hang up occured when I was using their "prepare a set of html pages for editing" feature. It appeared to have processed many of the templates, but did not complete & then my account was suspended for hanging up apache.

I liked what I had seen so far with LiteCommerce, but if it has memory problems, then I best move on. Anyone have similar experience with a solution?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely would not stay with the host that dictates me what software to use. If the host fails to satisfy your reqiuremnts it's time to look for better services.
    JMHO

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you are correct. But even if my host is bad, that does not make the software good. If the software really is hanging up Apache and has memory issues, then I should abandon that as well before I get too deeply involved. So - I'm seeking comments about that in this thread.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is better to discuss with litecommerce people in LC forum.