SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PrintJob, Margin Height problems for some users

A few of my users are reporting that my flash prints out at about a half inch from the top of the page, when its set to print at roughly a third or a quarter. I know that the browser printer settings have nothing to do with this, but they've already tried changing those to the minimum of 0.2 inches.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before... is there a particular reason that causes it? And is it possible that the screen dpi is affecting this (I doubt it, but I'm asking anyway).

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful...

(I wonder if we'll see a print preview in the next version of flash, boy, it'd be nice.)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi webmigit,

I know you posted this a while back, but I'm having the same problem as you, --struggling with print margins. The margins print perfectly on my Mac, but when printed on a PC, there is hardly no top margin at all...which completely affects the look of what is being printed.

Just wondering if you ever found a solution to fix this problem?

Would love to hear it if you have.

-b.

Quote Originally Posted by webmigit View Post
    A few of my users are reporting that my flash prints out at about a half inch from the top of the page, when its set to print at roughly a third or a quarter. I know that the browser printer settings have nothing to do with this, but they've already tried changing those to the minimum of 0.2 inches.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before... is there a particular reason that causes it? And is it possible that the screen dpi is affecting this (I doubt it, but I'm asking anyway).

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful...

(I wonder if we'll see a print preview in the next version of flash, boy, it'd be nice.)