SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoginGenerator and ACL

I have had a look at the various form of login generators and acl solutions and I am not sure which one is the best or up-to date. In my old php application I used a db to store the user groups and what actions/displays they could access after logging in. I know that these are two separate issues so I am looking for advice on a login generator first (best, most recent, etc.). Then I think it would be useful to create an acl application that works like the one in ZOPE. In other words, the administrator would be presented with a table that listed all the views along the x-axis and the controllers/models along the y-axis and then for each user-group you would fill in their permissions and likewise for users as required. Can anyone tell me if such a model exists in ror?

Rick
    Ruby, Ruby when will you be mine

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A search for "login" in the Ruby on Rails Wiki brings up the following:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=login...ubyonrails.com

There are many there, but if you are just wanting a simple one it is always easy to write your own with ActiveRecord Magic and such. But look at those results and tell me what you think.
    Happy switcher to OS X running on a MacBook Pro.

Zend Certified Engineer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitch,
    I decided to try the login-engine. After some difficulty, I did manage to download and install the plugins. I am in the process of testing it out. Could you have a look at this link which you have commented on before - I need your advice and expertise: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...85#post2590585

Rick
    Ruby, Ruby when will you be mine